Monday, May 26, 2008

ANOTHER SPECTACULAR BRACES WEEKEND!!!








So the family just left--and things are so quiet--It's so sad--What better to do than post what a great weekend we had! The kids count down for weeks before they all come--they are so excited to have everyone here. We had such a great time all together-Fun times filled with--lots of late night swims, Rockies game, yummy treats-Debbie's tasty cookies!, Brian Reagan (thanks Stephen and Jonelle--we all love it!), running, Cosi getting her ears pierced (she just turned 12!), Lots of time to chat, The Hawaiin Spa--(the girls made out of the play room), Locking the boys in the basement,--(oops--they discovered the window), Matt wrestling uncle Rob--Matt won right?, going to church with everyone,pogo sticking, bball, soccer, tasty breadsticks(thanks Dave and Les), watching Dad's video of his life--and crying once more, building the giant pyramid (this was only 3 of the twelve families--we should do it with everyone sometime! --both sides)--Dogpiles, and once again being SOOOO thankful for LIFE AND FAMILIES! WE LOVE OUR FAMILIES SOOOOOOOOO MUCH--IT IS hard to express how thankful we are and how much we miss ALL of you--After the tornadoes this week--and hiding in our basements a lot of the day Thursday--We couldn't help but think--how blessed we are--our thoughts were of course turned to family and friends and all of you who have been such great examples to us over the years. Through all the walks of life--BYU, UCLA, VIRGINIA and now here--We have been so incredibly blessed to have you as family and friends. WE LOVE YOU!

Things are ok with the tornado--Mark is actually out chopping trees right now and helping with the Red Cross to clear out all the mess--It hit only about 10 miles from our house (which is crazy because never before have they had a tornado--they always said we were too close to the mountains.) It was super scary on Thursday--they made me leave the grocery store only to go out into who knows what! I was a little panicked. I called the school and they said they were on lock down and the kids were in the hallways--most of them crying and scared. They ended up staying there for 2 hours--it was so scary for them. Allie's gymnastics place was destroyed, as well as a lot of other stuff--I'm sure you've seen the pictures. It's amazing only 1 died. Anyway--this is WAY too long! We just want everyone to know how thankful we are and how much we love you!!!!

Posted by The Crane Family at 11:23 AM 0 comments Links to this post

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Cosi, thank you sooo much! We had a wonderful time! We LOVE coming to "braces weekend" You and Mark are great hosts and we are so thankful for you and your generosity in doing our braces! We love you guys so much and are so thankful for these great memories we and our kids are having!

Raeanna said...

So i had no idea about the tornados! We are kinda out of it here in Italy i guess...I'm glad you are all okay! We love you guys and hope you had a great anniversary!

Dan Doxey said...

Crazy about the tornados! I had not idea they were that close to you. Can't wait until our kids need braces. But, by then all everyone else will probably be done! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. I also can't believe you've been married for 14 years! So old! Love you lots!
Julie & Dan

akdoxey said...

Why do we live SO FAR AWAY! Can't wait to see you guys.

renee' said...

Wow! That is crazy, sure makes you remember what is important in life. I'm glad to hear that everyone was safe and glad to see that you got to spend time with your family.

Treehouse News said...

That must have been awful when the kids were in lockdown at the school. I'm glad you guys are alright. Scary. I loved seeing the wedding photo of you two. Congrats.

Heidi and Rich said...

I wish I could come to Braces Weekend!! It looks like you had fun - now I can't wait to see everyone in a couple of weeks. I am glad that you are all okay - I had no idea the tornadoes hit so close to you.

Dorothy said...

Wow!! It looks like SOOOOO much fun! I think I need to get braces!

I'm glad you are all safe. It's amazing how those events put things in perspective.
We can't wait to see all of you!

Love,
Dorothy

Powered By Blogger