Thursday, July 31, 2014

May--July 2014

 May- July 2014

There are lots of really hideous pregnancy pictures of me-- I only post these- so that afterwards I can feel like a champ if I ever get back to normal :-/

May started with Bang!  Not the kind of bang we were hoping for-- but it sure added excitement.  So-- May 3 we had the Missionary Breakfast here-- it was all going well, until afterwards when I started spotting, and having contractions that wouldn't stop.  I was only 25 weeks--- and kind of nervous, so we talked to the Dr and they said I needed to come in.  So-- we went in-- and they did all the tests, and said it was premature labor- so they sent me home to rest- and said come back on tuesday-for another exam.  So Tuesday- rolled around- and I went to the Dr.  While I was there, they checked me, and I had already changed quite a bit since Saturday- and the contractions hadn't really stopped.  So-- they sent me over to the hospital to get the steroid shots in case she came early.  Of course-- as I got there- they realized my contractions weren't stopping- so they admitted me, and I ended up being in there until thursday.  There were lots of threats, that if the contractions didn't stop- I would be taken- or life flighted to Denver- so she could be delivered down there.  I have to admit-- it was scary.  Throughout the whole first day-- all I wanted was a blessing.  Thankfully, Mark was able to come as soon as he could and got a hold of Rob Baer to assist him and give one to me.  After that-- the high stress was gone-- and I was so grateful to feel peace!   After coming home on Thursday, they put me on strict bedrest- only to get up to go to the bathroom and get something to eat.  I always thought this sounded great-- until I did it for one day.  Let's just say-Torture!!!!  I cried, I complained, and finally I had to face it-- and come to understand what I was supposed to be learning from this???  7 pages later in my journal-- I found a whole slew of things-- to be forever grateful for----appreciation for the amazing things I learned.  Mostly-- so grateful for all the amazing family and friends in my life-- who taught me how to be a better servant of the Lord!!  

So -- Here I am on the couch (pic below.)  I don't  even know who took this-- but I think it was on Mother's day.  One of my worst Mother's day's ever :)  Just after finding out about all this---- we had to make a plan, for how I could stay down.  I am forever grateful for such awesome Family-- who totally bailed us out!!   Debbie, Rob Kendy, Cosi drove all the way here on Saturday May 10 to pick up Jackson, and take him to Utah for a couple of weeks, and then turned around and drove all the way back on Mother's Day May 11.  They got stuck in a massive snow storm (may-- crazy) and even missed Alyson's phone call from her mission.  I seriously cannot believe the sacrifice!  We are SO grateful!!!  And then-- when they got there- They made a perfect plan to have Jackson at Debbie's during the day, and Cher and Bry's at night (he was loving his BY-U bed)-and then to Dave and Leslie's, and Dan and Julies, and Mom's for a bit.  So much fun at each of their houses-- They truly spoiled him!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
 Jackson was in heaven!!!   I wish I had all the darling face timing moments/ and videos of how fun they were with him recorded-- they were priceless.  THANK YOU SOOOOOOO VERY VERY MUCH EVERYONE!!!!!!!  

Anyway-- so Mother's day-- just after they left, I cried and cried for a few hours as the family all went to church- and I got used to my new docile lifestyle!!!  Just me and the couch!  

So luck would have it-- that this all happened in May-- Seriously the craziest month (next to December) of the year.  I was so super bummed to miss ALL of my kids concerts etc-- I never realized how much I liked those, until I couldn't go!



We even celebrated our 20 Year Anniversary while on Bed Rest!!!  

It was super romantic taking a wheel chair ride around the hood :)
I hope you can see that picture and it isn't too dark.  Mark is the best-- hauling this big giant pregnant lady around!!


Meanwhile--  it was so great to know Jackson was LOVING being in UTAH and getting to even go to the BY-U Cougar!!!!



Julie sent me this pic-- I guess they were on campus and Jackson sees this poster and says--- 
"Hey-- Is this the one Josh is on?? Ya--- it is--- That's him!!!"  

I love it!!  This kid looks up to his brother so much!!!  



Thankfully time passed fairly quick--- and it was time for him to come home.   He had a great trip coming on the airplane with Grammie!  As he got here-- it was clear he was treated like a king in Utah :)  Grammie had gotten him all kinds of toys for the plane-- and he had been showered with attention and fun from all the Aunts and Uncles and cousins!!  
WE SERIOUSLY CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH-- YOU SAVED US!!! 







 It was nice to spend some time with Grammie--- and Josh was so excited to get the traditional Graduate- "Jesus The Christ " and other things for his mission.  Thank You GRAMMIE!!!

 Leading up to Graduation-- the kids worked so hard in the yard.  We had decided to have the ward Graduation party here this year (long before I was on bed rest) so with me being down-- they stepped it up- and remulched, planted, weeded, rubber mulched the playground--- (they had to do the rubber under the new playground.)  We were actually going to do that last year-- but ended up waiting to this year.  So- the graduation party was a good push.  Of course-- wouldn't you know it-- It poured rain about 1/2 hr into the party-- so they were all inside anyway.  Oh well-- it was nice to have something to push us-- and now Jackson has been loving playing outside-- with all the kids!


 This was our attempt to make a shrine for Josh (above)--- Poor kid!  Thankfully- some awesome moms helped him gather other things around the house to make it a little more put together (below.)  
The whole graduation party thing- always baffles me.  We never did anything like this growing up.  We got a good pat on the back that said-- "Good work-- now get busy for the next stage!" Here though-- they do a grand old production-- with shrines and all.  At first we opted out, but after being badgered a few times- wondering how I could do that to my kid-- I caved--- and we went forth and did one.  It was fun to have it here- celebrating 11 kids from the ward graduating.  I guess there were about 400 people here.  Thankfully It ended up being fun (even though I was crying in the back room- and then out on the couch!) 

Rain Rain Rain!!!


So we headed inside and under and on top of the deck. 








Fossil Ridge High School Graduation 
Class of 2014


I couldn't believe I was missing my own sons graduation-- Boohoo me!!! 


 Even though I was crying my eyes out to miss it-- It ended up being not so bad.  For  one-- Who wants their mom pregnant at Graduation??  And--- they ended up having it on live feed so I could watch it all online at home.  It was awesome!!!

 We are SO proud of Josh and all his hard work!!!!  He worked hard to accomplish his goals-- and it definitely paid off!!

All the family there--- except for me :(


Josh and his good buddy Julia Bashford


Josh and Josh Dolan-- good friends since 7th grade



Josh's closest friends-- James Saunders, Curtis Cleverly

Shane Swift


The Ward Boys-- James Saunders, Zach Gormley, Josh, and Curtis Cleverly

Nice Josh!!! :)



After they came home- we had to take a few pictures!!  So awesome to have such an incredible BIG BROTHER!!!!   WE LOVE YOU JOSH!!!










We were SO INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL that the GRANDPARENTS COULD COME out for Josh's graduation!!!  They are always SO supportive!!!!!  While they were here-- 
we had some good times!!  
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH JOSH-- and are so grateful for YOU!!!!!  HAPPY GRADUATION!!!


The next morning we had a tasty waffle breakfast!  Mmm Mmmm-- So Yummy!!


Then after church, we were able to go to Seminary Graduation.  I actually broke the rules a little bit- since Josh and Mark were speaking- I snuck in and watched it from the back, and then went out to the car- so I wouldn't have to stand and talk to anyone.  It was a HUGE HUGE blessing for me to be there!!!  So incredibly GRATEFUL to have such a huge support from our Parents!!!

Thank you SO MUCH FOR COMING!!!!!

The AWESOME Fossil Creek Ward BOYS!!!  
Zach Gormley, Josh, Dallin Petersen, James Saunders, Curtis Cleverly, Ethan Lambert


After Seminary Graduation, we had lined things up for Josh to be ordained an Elder.  Wow- what a great weekend!!  Josh is so lucky to join these awesome examples of the Priesthood!!  



CONGRATS JOSH!!!!


And all of us- who were there for the Ordination.  What an incredible experience.


And just like that Graduation was over- and we were on to the next!  

Here is Allie and her team winning 1st place in the Stenger Soccer Tournament!  Way to go girls!!!

Allies best buddies--- Devree Van Tassell and Torrey Brown





Her awesome Coaches-- were so patient with  not playing Sundays etc.  We were so grateful that they get the big picture- instead of laying down the pressure!

While I was on bedrest- We were so incredibly thankful to have SO MUCH HELP!!!  Josh's wisdom teeth were scheduled long before as well-- and Kim Keate- was so awesome to take him down to get them removed.  Luckily the day before his surgery--- I had found out that the baby hadn't grown much since I was in the hospital- so they wanted me to get up and move around the house more.  So-- I decided it would be ok to go along with Kim to take him.  Another great blessing I was able to go!!


LOVE the WISDOM TEETH LOOK and ENTERTAINMENT of him coming off the medicine :)


Josh was a little bummed- so Jackson thought he'd cheer him up by inviting him to watch 
MICKEY'S CLUBHOUSE :)



After things settled a little bit- and I was able to stand up for longer than walking to another room..... We just had to do a little Graduation photo shoot with Josh- since we weren't ever able to get us all together.  




Every kids Dream to have his Mom Pregnant at Graduation!!!! :)


WE LOVE THIS BOY SO MUCH!!!!  SO PROUD OF YOU JOSH!!!


I think it finally hit Maddie that he would be leaving--- SO SAD!  These two have been through some super fun times together--- it's a bummer to have her buddy leave :(





And while we're at it- we decided to take a few other pictures of these cute kids!!!


So lucky to have each other!  Beautiful Girls!! 


Beautiful Maddie!!!  


One of my friends sent me this picture from their ward - as Mark was doing Ward Conferences.  I am SO grateful for Mark and what an awesome leader he is.  This is totally his style.  He likes to be down on the kids level-- hanging out with them-- teaching and talking about the gospel.  
So grateful for his example.   

(I know that might be dorky for me to post this-- but I figure I better journal what he's doing 
with his time one of these days)



And then there's this kid-- always entertaining us :)





I've never known a kid SO excited for a baby to come!  Seriously..... every single day- he asks--- is it today?  He kisses my belly NON- STOP, and rubs it saying--- "It's ok -baby!"  I hope it's as exciting as he thinks it will be :-/ 


We finished up the final projects of the year!!  WOOOHOOOO to almost be done with school!!!!!




Love the Selfies I find on my phone :)



Josh worked hard all summer to get one last push for his mission money.  He ended up working all day at Mark's office in sterilization-- and then came home to work a few more hours doing projects- that we couldn't get to...... like cleaning the garage :)  THANK YOU JOSH!!!!


And Jackson just kept on -- being his cute self!!!  Always willing to help the boys work outside!


We were SO lucky to have Tom come and spend 11 days with us while Debbie and Rob were doing Humanitarian stuff in Haiti!!  What a total dream for Zack!!  He was in Heaven!!!  


They also worked super hard every day-- cleaning the garage, storage etc!!  Super duper workers!!  We are so grateful for them!!!


We even got him over his BIRTHDAY!!!!  Here we are celebrating for his Bday Breakfast!!!

Lunch at Smashburger for Tom's birthday!!!


And then later that evening- we had a little party for him!!!  WE LOVE YOU TOM!!!



While Tom was here- they got really creative with my camera-- lots and lots of fun shots :)  Love the details of Zack's dirty feet :)



And-- we even celebrated 

FATHERS DAY!!!!!
WE LOVE OUR DAD SOOOOO MUCH!!!  There is no other Dad like him--- Thank You for being the BEST DAD EVER!!!! 
 Not to mention the super awesome kids who made his day so fun!!!




We are also SO incredibly grateful for Grandpa Crane, Grandpa Gibson and Daddy Doug--- All incredible examples of Fatherhood--- such amazing influences in our lives!!!






Love Love Love Family nights in the summer- sitting around the camp fire- chillin'!








 Since I was still on bedrest-- the whole family stepped up and really helped out!  Here they are planting the garden- getting it all ready for some yummy home grown food!!!





Fun Summer with Friends!!  Allie and her friend Bree!



EM And CHAD are SO AWESOME!!!  WOW--- seriously such an amazing amazing surprise to get the mail and find these!!!  Cookies can get this girl through anything!  They came at such a perfect time- as I was seriously getting so depressed about being down!!!!


Thank you SO MUCH!!!


And-- believe it or not-- that same day-- 
JOSH'S MISSION CALL CAME!!!!!


SO VERY EXCITING!!!!  
CHILE RANCAGUA MISSION
Reports to the Mexico MTC on October 22, 2014




We actually had a little icecream party to celebrate-- Jackson sure lived it up :)


Since our little babe had some issues with being small-- we started having weekly ultrasounds.  So incredibly thankful for all the family who fasted and prayed for us as we have gone through all this!!!! She is growing great-- and looking to be healthy!!! 




Mark and the kids-- started putting the baby's room together!!!  
Thankfully Jackson is such a huge help :)


Allie is my organizing buddy!  She has been so helpful -- helping me get things ready!! 



These boys and their summer creativity!!  Like I said--- They're super creative with their photography!!!  Loved finding all these 
Awesome Shots!!






Their matching socks-- Zack was so excited to give Tom a pair for his Bday!!





My first "Out" of the house since May 3rd-- I ended up taking the kids to "Fort Fun" (since summer was so hard- sitting in the house all the time.)  Thankfully they had a nice chair- I could just sit and watch them the whole time.



Cold Stone-- always makes everyone happy :)




Packing up Josh for College
Sad but exciting day

I love this picture of these two-- They are going to miss each other!!
We couldn't help but gravitate in his room- to help him gather and pack everything 
he'd need for the summer.  

We went through each thing in his room- and walked down memory lane 



And of course -- had to document it for the journal!!!



My favorite:  Notes to and from each other --- I LOVE MY KIDS!!!!







Seriously the ugliest picture of me ever..... but had to document this crazy stage of life!!!



He left for his last day of work--- and his friends (Julia, Lauren and Curtis) surprised him with a bathtub full of fish!!!  
Ha HA!!! Super Inside Joke- back on Josh!! 

And one last group hug before we headed out to take 
Josh to BYU!!!




So-- I actually really wasn't supposed to go to Utah---- in fact, my Dr. wasn't too excited.  However--- I kept praying and praying about it-- and felt really good about going.  So-- I told them-- theyve got great Drs there-- and if it happens-- it happens.  Thankfully it didn't!  But-- I have to say-- it was so good I was there!! I would have died missing dropping Josh off to College!!  

As we first got there-- we dropped him off for orientation.  After that (since it was my 40th birthday) we went out on the town- and went to the infamous Waffle Truck-- mmmm mmm they were so yummy!!!  Then we went and dropped off our stuff at Mom's -- and by then it was time to go back and take Josh all of his stuff.





So- we went back and helped him unload and get moved into his Dorm.  Actually, I stayed in the car-- but thankfully they got some pictures of his dorm.  Pretty sweet pad huh???


That night- was super fun as the family all took me out to Thai Ruby, and  the Sports Comedy place near BYU for my Birthday!  So much fun!!!!   





Then the next day-- the girls went shopping for Maddie and Cosi's swim suits-- 
And of course----We found some super cute hats :)


And then--- that night- we got a super awesome call (just after dropping Mark off at the Airport to fly home) that Josh had broken his nose-- and been hit by a frisbee, while he wasn't even playing.  In fact-- he was just hanging out talking to a bunch of girls- when it came flying out of no where.  So-- we took him to the ER-- and they took a CT Scan and found out it was broken in several places -- leaving the septum closed off and in need of surgery.  Nice!!!  




So we hung out Sunday- not sure who to call for surgery.  Thankfully Bry has connections- and got us into one of the best face surgeons around.  He even let us know (on Sunday) that he would squeeze him into a monday morning surgery!!

Nice hideous- shot below -- with me still trying to be on bed rest :)



So we headed down to the surgery Center Monday-- of course passing the Y Mountain several times- so Jackson was in HEAVEN!!!!



Josh was sure happy before.......


But not so much afterwards.  The surgery went well, but he had a reaction to perkaset, and kept throwing up- and then they couldn't get his oxygen up, so he went home on oxygen.  

He was miserable!!!! :(


At one point- he thought he would die-- He was so tired of trying to make himself remember to breathe.  And-- the pressure in his head had built up so bad-- he was oozing out of his eyes and nose.  It was hideous.  I seriously felt SO bad for him.  I wish I could have just taken those tampon things out of his nose-- but nope.... they were his whole clotting and stabilization.  Poor Guy!!!


In the mean time-- the kids ran wild and loved every minute with cousins!!  


Love to find these beauties on my phone!


Especially this of Ellie-- it's a keeper! :)


This day couldn't come soon enough!  Josh could hardly wait to get the things out of his nose.  However-- I guess this is one of the most painful things ever--- to have these ripped out.  He did good though and didn't pass out (like several others do) they kept a fan in his face for an entire hour- trying to help him stay alert.  SO painful-- I felt so bad for him!!!



Not long after- we started seeing the old Josh come around again!!  So happy he felt better!!!  He even thought he had an even more perfect nose now :)  So after missing the first 3 days of Summer term-- we took him back to the dorm- to finally join the college kids. 


In the mean time-- we stayed at Moms-- and chilled with the cousins--- while Maddie was off to AFY.




We even got to go down to LOWES for some Jumping Fun!!!




Jackson found all the fun stuff (at the Youngs) that he had played with while he came to Utah in May





And we even got to help Deb- with her humanitarian project just before she was headed off to Ghana!  

I LOVE IT!!!  She is saving the world "ONE MAXI PAD AT A TIME" :)  Seriously-- look at all this work!  And this is just a pin dot of what she's been doing.  She already went to Haiti and got them set up-- and now on to other countries.  How did she get this idea??

So-- there came a need that Women across the world had no resources or ability to control their periods.  They just bled each month with no protection all over themselves..... which prevented them from attending schools, or carrying any jobs of any sort.    So-- DoTerra has been doing a lot of humanitarian stuff- and this was a need that they found out about- so Debbie of course took it on herself and has gotten it going.  She is amazing!  Seriously- if you could see each one of those- they are awesome!  They come with the main pad (that is washable) and then felt inserts that go into each little sewn pocket also washable---which of course snap together- to make it easy for the women.  Each one takes some serious time to make!  Seriously Amazing!  We watched a video- of them receiving them-- and they were chanting with so much excitement.  Who would have thought- something like that would be so appreciated!!  We are so spoiled here in America.   It's pretty cool though-- she is trying to make a way for women to make  them over in the individual countries-- so she has been getting supplies/ snap machines etc together for them.  It's pretty awesome if you ask me!!!



Since we were party hardy over there--- we went from one thing to the next!  Roasting marshmellows at Cher and Bry's is always so much fun!



The kids were exhausted every night!



We got to meet Josh's awesome room mate.... Matt Dunn.  He couldn't be a better fit for Josh-- they are both tidy, both have their mission calls, both taking almost the same classes, his brother is in Chile on a mission, his dads a dentist, and they both love same sports etc.   This happened randomly for them to get each other-- I say they both lucked out!!!


And of course while we were there-- we had to take full advantage and go get all the mission stuff!  



Yay for Mr. Mac!!  We are almost done-- just need to gather a few things here and there when he gets home from Utah.




Loving the humungous Shaved Ice Shacks in Utah!!!





And loving time with Grammie-- she is always SO good to us!!! 


And just like that the week was over!  It was a super long one (with the surgery and all)-- but we survived!   It was so awesome to pick up Mark from flying in from CO and Maddie and Katie from the shuttle bus coming down from AFY in Idaho -- They had such a blast!!!!



The Next day-- We were off to 
ASPEN GROVE for the CRANE FAMILY REUNION!!! 


That opening show is always so much fun--- the kids jumped right into their classes and had a blast!!





It was so awesome to be up there with everyone.  I was especially thankful-- since it was looking like I couldn't come.  Thankfully they got me into the handicap room , so I didn't have to hike up and down the hills.  Huge blessing to be there!!!


Aspen Follies








All the kids loved fishing in the fish pond.  Jackson even caught his FIRST FISH!!!!  


He wasn't too excited though-- in fact-- he was scared to death that it was flopping all over him :)






THE CRANE FAMILY:  THE WINNERS OF ASPEN FOLLIES!!!!!
 Woot Woot!!!!


Jack and Jackson had a great time playing badminton!


FRONTIER NIGHT WAS A REAL HIT



Maddie is such a cute flirt!!  :)  I couldn't resist taking pictures of her flirting!  And-- love the little sister stand by :)





They loved going in the Teepee to get their "Indian Name"



The tournaments were going strong all week!  Way to go Crane Volleyball Team!!!



So much FUN with Cousins!!!!!!





We come out of dinner-- and can't find Jackson.  We were looking everywhere--- til finally we look over at the field, and there he is--- jumping into to another families soccer game (steeling the ball from their kids) nice!!! :)


  

We had an awesome family meeting-- filled with fun stories!!  
We are SO grateful for Meemaw and Grandpa!!!


The kids had so much fun just being together!!!  




And who can deny the fun to be had in the "LOFT" of the cabins!!!  


The paintball champions!!!  It's nice to have someone in the FBI on the team!  
Way to go Paul-- getting the flag! 



More tournament time! 



This kid was LOVING his group!!  Indian Day, Pirate Day--- such a party!!



Since I was such a bum-- it was great that Mark got to go do a few things-- he rode a few rides for me, and ran stewart falls a couple of times--- He even took the time to find out tree!!!  20 years old!


LOVING POOL TIME!!!!!!







This boy was super excited about his new hat-- and didn't take it off  (at all) the whole week! 
 So Super Cute!!!


The Traditional Family pictures-- So sad not to have Josh in it!


Maddie is always so much fun with the kids!!  She loves to play with them-- and laugh with them!  
So Cute!!!






 I couldn't resist taking a picture of this Super Good Looking Family :) 

Love all those styles!!!  So grateful for Mom and Daddy Doug who sacrificed so much for Aspen Grove  to get that place going!!  



I seemed to be the super star support team on this trip!  Aspen Grove is the land of Adventure-- which doesn't fair well when you're hugely pregnant :)  That's ok though-- it was so awesome to be able to walk to each event and not be stuck in the hotel room.




We were so happy to see Maddie every few days :)  She was loving the Young Adult group-- and we didn't get to see her very much!


Slip Sliding Away!!!  Wooooo-- what a ride!!!



It was perfect-- while we were slip n sliding, the teens had a water baseball game going on-- So much fun to watch them!!!!



I love love these two boys relationship!!!!  Jackson is so happy when he's with Josh. They are such good buddies!






Just after the official Crane Family Picture-- we ran over to the sign to take one official pic of our family at Aspen Grove once again.  It's fun to compare these pics through the years!



\
One of my favorite little spots at Aspen Grove-- that might be gone soon.  I noticed the water didn't work this time-- bummer!


Such a bummer! The week went by too FAST!!!  Here we are at the closing show already!  Once again- the kids all LOVED their groups and being with their cousins!  Best time ever!


And let the DANCE BEGIN!!!!!!!  One of our Favorite things- the Aspen Grove Dance!! 



I just couldn't resist!  This girl has been SO embarrassed by me this whole pregnancy (I don't blame her!) So-- I walk out on the floor to dance- and she looks at me like...... How dare you!  Since I know her real personality-- and know she'll laugh in the future..... I just had to go dance by her and her friends!!!  :)   I look like such a dork!



I love love that these kids get so into it!!!  They are SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!


And we couldn't keep Jackson off the stage-- he was a dancing King!





The week went by way too fast!!!  As always it was such a great time to be together again-- and have time to laugh, talk and have fun together!!!  WE LOVE FAMILY!!!!!



After ending that SUPER FUN WEEK!!  We headed down to celebrate the 4th of July with the GIBSON DOXEY'S!!!  Cher and Bry were so awesome to host-- and put on an amazing BBQ and Super fun times -- slip n sliding etc.!!!  SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!





Quite the balloon launcher!!!!


I know you can't even see this picture-- but it was hilarious.  All of us old- boring people were just sitting watching the water fight-- when out of the corner of my eye-- I see Amber and Leslie-- sneaking up on everyone to water gun us!!  They did their deed--- and just like that rolled down the hill out of sight--- SUPER STEALTH LADIES!!!!!!  :)




The water fight was ROCKIN' and ROLLIN' With 3 HOSES!!!!!!  Best yard ever for a water fight!!!




Of course our boys-- got super competitive!! :)



And the old folks--- Just sat and "Visited" :)




Then the Slip N Slide came out--- WHOA NELLIE!!!  THAT'S A SLIDE!!!!


LOve that they were lathering up with baby soap- to slide like a MANIAC!!!! 



Yes--they were MANIACS to say the least!!!  


Super cute little ones! Casey's always so cute with them!!!



And then-- they invent this of all things!!!  They filled up the whole bottom of the slide-- and went in full face and all--- plowing through the water..... nothing like nostril cleanse!!!!


Kendy and Austin- are the cutest with Jackson!  They have a little bond- since they have watched him while we were on trips.  It's so cute to see them play!!!  


That night we switched gears-- and picked up some Kneaders for dinner (super yum) and headed over to Dave and Leslie's for Fireworks etc.  Whoa --- UTAH is on FIRE on the 4th!!  Since they lifted the ban...... I guess all is welcome!!  Seriously-- it felt like we were at the stadium of fire--- huge boomers going on right above our heads.  SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!


Before the fireworks started-- it was so awesome to just relax in their super beautiful yard!!!  Jackson was loving new baby Brigham! 



Grammie came through with some sweet- sparklers!!!! 






Such SUPER FUN TIMES!!!!




I love this-- So Jackson sat down by Casey (who is newly pregnant) and they start talking about names.  So- if you've talked to Jackson lately, he is super adamant about our baby girls name.  He wants Ruby (which we actually like too)- and theres no questions about it.  However-- we have been bringing up a lot of other names -- just in case-- and just to make sure.  So as he's sitting there--- he tells Casey--- "So-- I know what you can name your baby!"  She says what?  "Abigail-- Cuz we're NOT naming ours that!!"  He's done that now several times to a lot of different people-- coming up with all the "other" names we have suggested. This kid is a crack up!!


17 Days in UTAH GONE BY TOO FAST!!!! 
BUT SO MANY SUPER AWESOME MEMORIES!!! 
I've never been so grateful to be able to go!!!!  



We celebrated with a special treat- 75 cent cones from LITTLE AMERICA!!  

Back to work!!  These two have been great gardeners this summer! Hauling mulch etc. etc.!



JACKSON TURNS 3!!!!


Wow-- Where did the time go?  Too fast! 


Jackson had a hum-dinger of a birthday this year-- poor guy!  So- we get back from Utah and send out a little party announcement to come celebrate -- piñata, pizza, party favors etc.  Well-- of course the next day - he starts a fever-- that lasted for two days.  Then, we notice that a blister- that we thought might be moluscum (that nasty contagious skin disease) has spread like crazy.  And day by day started bursting with all kinds of red bubbly blisters.  I took him to the Dr- and they said-- yes- it's probably Chicken pox, even though- he's already had the vaccine.  That didn't surprise us- because Josh, Maddie and Allie all got it with the vaccine too.  So we thought-- good-- that's a lot quicker recovery than moluscum. Until the Dr. spread the joy that- it is SUPER dangerous in pregnancy!  And-- that all too often, even if the mom had chicken pox, she loses immunity because her body is giving everything to the baby.  Nice!  Perfect timing too.  AND-- they mentioned that the incubation is 21 days (which is 2 weeks before my due date- when I usually have them)-- for me to get it, and that if I got it, and the baby is born within 5 days of that time-- she will have serious complications as well as a certain type of pneumonia for me-- which is often deadly.  Great news huh??  So of course-- I started freaking out-- and stopped trying to do too much- so the baby would stay in longer.  It was almost more than I could handle to have to hear yet- another issue to worry about.  Thankfully (after two immunity tests- since the Dr. tested the wrong thing at first) I came back with still having immunity in me.  That was a huge relief!  Now all I needed to worry about was not having the baby while he was still covered with them. So I layed low-- and thankfully she didn't come.  However-- this made for a bummer of a bday.  We cancelled the party-- and held on to the party stuff for next year.  That's ok though-- our family knows how to party it up by ourselves-- so we had an awesome celebration with just us!!!



He just loved opening his presents (first time he actually got this concept) and especially the cool music card from Meemaw and Grandpa!!  



He even got a BY-U Bear!!!


And this fun track became a huge hit-- 
We all had a great time playing together with him-- such a fun toy- with electric jeeps that climb the elevator etc!



Then of course the super yummy cake and ice-cream!  Since his favorite color is green-- we went for a Green Cake (mint mud pie) with lightening McQueen on top!  This little boy-- was so happy!!



He got some awesome things for the big day- but one of them he was obsessed with until we turned out the lights :)  It was a spider man night light-- that put this image across his whole ceiling :)  Not so happy about Spiderman freaking him out all night! 

\

Here he is covered in POX!  :(  Thankfully it wasn't super bad-- but he still got a good dose.  Some of the worst were on the back of his legs/ back/ groin area/ and feet-- such a bummer!




He sure is cute though-- and thankfully they scabbed over fairly quick- so now we are good to go!  I love this picture---- He looks like Buddy the Elf!


After coming home from the long vacay-- it was time to get things in order around the house and start preparing for this baby!!   We switched around a few rooms-- and Jackson became the new owner of Josh's room!!! Complete with green bedding!



Hideous picture- but I've got quite the photographers around here-- and they insisted.  Hey-- it's good to know I won't look like this ever again!  I'm almost done!!!!! I'm embracing that known fact!


Zack and Allie have had too much fun with my camera-- but at least they got some cute shots!



The next day we were so lucky to have Laura and Kids come visit us on their drive back across the country!  So fun to have them in Fort Collins!!!  

The weather was kind of drizzly while they were here- but it made for some beautiful Rainbows and scenery!  This picture doesn't even do this rainbow justice-- it was SO VIBRANT!


We had so much fun just playing around the house, getting braces done, and even going to Target!!  The kids found quite the prize lunch boxes in the dollar isle-- so of course we caved.  It was hilarious-- they carried them around non-stop.  Such cute kids!!!


As always-- time flew by too quickly- and they were off to travel back home.  It's always so super fun to spend time with them-- They are So awesome!!!!



Summer creativity in full swing :)  Devree and Allie are so fun together!






The next week- Zack was off to Scout Camp!!!  What an awesome troop he has!  This year they went to an official BSA camp--down in Colorado Springs-- This was one of the pics I was sent.  Looks like they are having a blast!!


 Jackson has been running like crazy all summer-- in and out of the house playing soccer, etc all day.  Each day we try and  wind down (late afternoon) for some quiet time--  but the boy can hardly make it...... He crashes every time.


Just after we got Zack off to scout camp.... we had the Ponds come from Wisconsin- as they were passing by on their way to a family reunion in So Colorado.  So fun to see them!  Anje was one of my good friends from High School.  She and Jonathan- have 9 kids!!!  Wowza!   And of course they are all totally on the ball-  tip top kids!  It was so fun to have them come and visit!


The Hot Tub was going crazy!!!


Fun times roasting marshmellows and chillin' with this awesome family!!!




The next day- I figured it's time to really get things done so this baby can come.  So--- we ventured out to get the school shopping done.  The only thing Jackson said he needed for school was cleats--- so every store he asked if they had cleats! :)  Didn't matter what size-- he just wanted to try them all on!




After the shopping was done--- The next day we decided (since I can't see my feet) Maybe we girls should get pedicures!  So we did-- so much fun to be with my girls!!!  Maddie actually decided on a manicure- so her toes aren't in this shot!




Then I thought-- I must have every single closet in the whole house organized with labels etc.  So we spent a few days on that.  Nothing like nesting huh??



We even started hanging the finishing touches in the baby's room!  We were so lucky to have been given (from VanTassell's little Ellie, and Hartmans- who both are done with kids) all these bows and clothes for this girl-- She is going to be rockin' the cutest styles!


We got the crib set up---- and started working on putting the room together!



And I finally printed the last 4 years of blog books!  I love that they have the option for big pictures now-- it makes it so much nicer to actually see the picture.  The kids have been loving these-- and are often found reading them!  So- happy they are loving them-- it makes the blogging so worth it- to just print it and have it done!  It's so super  fun to look back on the progress, and different 
stages of everyone. 


Whoa Nellie!!!!  I am HUGE!!!   I grew and grew and grew-- I am officially the biggest I have EVER been-- I feel like Eeyore!!  HUGE and Slow slow moving!!!


Just to remember- that I will never look like this again.  Now --I don't see that it is cute at all.  But I know down the road-- I might look back and say..... I was super blessed to be able to be pregnant and carry all these awesome kids of mine!!!!


Fun times after church on Sunday!




Meanwhile..... Josh is living it up at BYU!  It's quite the party over there!  He has met so many awesome people, and had such a great time!  I pulled this shot off of Facebook (he was tagged in) It was probably taken around 3am-- cuz that's what they seem to do these days--they stay up so late!!  We are grateful he is having fun-- and met a good clean group of friends!!  Besides the social life-- he's also enjoying taking Book of Mormon, Mission Prep and Basketball (rough- I know:)  Thankfully- he has an awesome job at the MTC cafeteria that helps him earn more for his mission- as well as make him  budget his time (he has to be there at 6:30 am each morning. ) It's awesome!

TREK 2014

Rocky Ridge

The next week Maddie and Mark were off to Trek!  What an amazing adventure Trek is-- it's always so awesome!!  This year they got super lucky and trekked right past the Linford Monument!  Wow- how cool is that!  Mark walked for John Linford- and Maddie walked for Maria.  She gained a whole new appreciation for that women--- just having lost her husband-- and still having the strength to go up and over Rocky Ridge- hauling her kids-- and handcart- all by herself!  Wow-- Amazing!  


They worked hard walking 27 miles-- but of course said-- It was Super Fun!!  I have to admit, I was super jealous--- I wanted to go SO bad!!  It is one of my favorite things to do!!  I was sad too- because Maddie got asked to speak- and I missed it!  I heard she did a great job though!  

Look at these rugged- super cute kids!  They worked hard- and had such a great time!!!!  Maddie had her friend Madi come home afterwards...... She is hilarious--we are usually begging her to have friends over, but she never wants to.  So we thought-- this will be good- as she watches the other kids-so we can go down to the airport to get Josh.  However--- apparently she forgot that Josh was coming in town-- and didn't just invite the two girls.  Instead, she invited a whole slew of people/ boys and girls etc that she had gotten to know on trek!   Nice!!  Anyway-- We had a good talk about that..... but didn't know how to get a hold of all the people she had invited, so Mark ended up staying home, and I drove down alone to get Josh.  
That girl!!!     Thankfully all went well though-- and we all learned a good lesson!  Communication!!      

Josh was scheduled to come in-- so that he could go through the temple. We planned it last minute-- so that we could do it for 1-- So that he could be able to go in Provo- since he's so close- and gain a stronger understanding of it before his mission and 2- so that we could go before the baby. 



It ended up being a super sweet- awesome moment for us all.  Josh actually requested that we keep it really small- so he could have some time to talk to just us- as he came out.  So we honored his desire-- and it was a good thing.  Josh is a thinker-- and was a little confused ----so afterwards we spent a full hour with just us in the celestial room.  It was priceless to have this time with him.   And- super awesome for me too-- to learn more and more about that awesome place.



The next day after finishing "Colorado Cares day"- service projects-- we headed out on the Lake!!!




So much fun to be all together again as a family!!!  We've missed this so much!!






 Love being together on the boat! I even got to go.  I didn't think I should- but mark was super careful!  I actually felt like the car is more bumpy than this-- so  super happy to be with my favorite people!!



FORT COLLINS TEMPLE
I love how quick this is going up-- and this is only half of it!!  We are getting SO excited!!!



Had to grab a picture of all the kids just after church!  What a HUGE blessing to be able to watch a Temple  being built-- and be a part of all this!  The kids even got to put  their names on rocks to be put in the foundation---- so many cool experiences surrounding this!!


And Finally---Maddie is PROUD to ANNOUNCE that she got her LICENSE!!!!!  



She's been ready for a while-- but she had to finish her Young Women Recognition as well as a few other things.  I have to say though-- she keeps us laughing.  We practiced and practiced all day (on the day of her test- and other days) She was SO nervous!  So-- when it finally came time to take it-- we were both praying hard she would pass (since-- I kind of need her to get it so she can help me drive while I'm down after the c-section.)  Anyway-- the prayers definitely worked.... because she passed!!!!  The funny thing is--- is that the instructor gets out of the car after her test-- and they walk around the car.  He was shocked that she parked like this!  She took up 4 spots on her final parking job.  NICE!!  Thankfully- they can't just decide to fail you-- the whole thing is on a point docking system- so she got docked for this (but had some extra points to make up for it!) Phew!!!! 

This is one Super Happy Maddie!!!!  Off to work with her new wheels!!!


And now..... I have officially cleaned every closet in the house.....fixed things......painted things...... re-organized things...... been to the store for the "last time" several times......got the baby's clothes all washed and put away...... cleaned the carseat.......dejunked a million times......taught my last RS lesson.....cleaned the car.......got all those "last" errands done.......bought newborn diapers..... paid the last bills...... got things ready for school to start........ and even got my toes looking pretty........ AND SHE'S NOT COMING!!!!  Seriously??  I guess I thought that since I was down on bed rest for way too long-- that once I got up-- she would come!!!  Nope!!  Instead..... all my nesting is becoming undone-- and I'm not too happy about it!  Every time I open a cupboard and something is out of place-- I freak out!!  My car is getting dirtier by the day..... AND-- my glorious pedicure is now chipping off.  I give up.... I guess I just need to let it all go-- and start planning things to keep me busy until the planned c-section on the 9th.  Uuuugggh! 

Actually-- my list still had "update blog" and finish thank you notes!!!  So---since I'm about to finish the blog-- and thankyou's in the morning...... maybe tomorrow is the magical day!  I did have contractions every 2 minutes for an hour last night-- but then they stopped.  Will they pick back up tomorrow--and be born on July 31st?  Hmmmm-- I can only pray!!!

as Jackson says "COME OUT BABY- WE WANT TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!"    Wish us luck!! :)



2 comments:

steveandjonelle said...

You're such a great family. Thank you for sharing all the pictures, I love to see your cute family.

Jeanette and Dave said...

Never a dull moment with the Colorado Cranes. I love your blogs - you are super amazing.

Powered By Blogger