So-- a lot has been going on around here lately. Last week (May 3) I started spotting and contracting-- so I called the dr to get checked out. Since it was Saturday- they wanted me to go to the hospital to get make sure it wasn't serious. They stopped the contractions- and sent me home on bed rest with a follow up visit on tue. I really didn't think anything of it-- until my appt tue, and they checked me and found out that I had changed- and started effacing and dilating. So-- they sent me over to the hospital to be monitored and make sure that I was given steroid shots in case the baby came. I ended up being in the hospital until Thursday-- with lots of scares that they weren't going to be able to stop the contractions- and possibly might have to go to Denver to deliver this babe. THANKFULLY-- they were able to stop them- and I am now home on strict bed rest. I think this might be the hardest thing ever for me...... Although it sounds like it would be nice to just sit around and get things done. It's not. My mind is going crazy-- and more than anything my body wants to move! I feel like such a slug- and wish I could just go exercise! And-- instead of being productive-- all I want to do is research preemie babies. Oh well--- it will be so worth it, if I can keep this little one in longer. Quite truthfully, I am really shocked this is even happening, because I usually can't get my babies out (jackson c-section etc.) So-- I am having a hard time believing that she would actually come. It's definitely not worth the risk though- I am pretty scared-- so I am being super obedient- and seriously haven't moved off the couch (besides bathroom and moving rooms) since I got home from the hospital.
Hence-- This blog update-- shockingly before the 4-6 mo time frame I usually take to post! :) I have great plans to get all my pictures updated, take some photo classes (since looking through these, I have realized how much I stink at photo- I can't seem to capture the moment combined w the right lighting :( Maybe even Jackson will get a baby book out of this whole deal...... since I never did anything for him. Hopefully the time will pass quick--- since I'll be sitting on the couch for quite a while (6-8 weeks) before I can move around at all.
HOWEVER.......
My heart is seriously SO FULL right now-- as I go into this-- I have felt the love and prayers of so many- it has been overwhelming. In fact.... yesterday was Mothers Day. Im going to have to be honest-- it was such a hard day!! Mainly because I kind of had a pity party for myself that here it was -- my last mothers day with Josh before he moves out-- and instead I am sitting on the couch- doing nothing! AND THEN--- to make things worse (but also much better) Debbie, Rob, Cosi and Kendy- offered to come drive out Saturday---- to get Jackson (since there is no way I can care for him right now.) I still can't believe I allowed him to go--- I guess I am pretty desperate right now. So-- they left yesterday morning to drive him back to Utah for a few weeks while I get through these scary weeks. My heart almost died as they left..... I felt so horrible that here I was-- messing up the plans again. Not to mention-- it was a blizzard here (yes-- in May) and they had to drive home in a complete white out (even I-80 was closed- so they had to turn around to go through Vail pass.) AND-- not only did they drive for 11 hours...... but they had to miss Alyson's special Mission phone call for Mothers day!! I seriously can't believe their selflessness! Thankfully they were able to reschedule it- but I felt horrible all day! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING SO incredibly UNSELFISH for us!!! So now-- Jackson is in Utah going in between houses-- and loving every minute of it--
I AM FOREVER GRATEFUL FOR SUCH GIVING FAMILY MEMBERS!!!! I OWE YOU GUYS FOREVER!!!! I am also amazed by all of our WARD MEMBERS AND FRIENDS-- they have seriously been amazing-- dropping by stuff- and taking care of our every need. WE FEEL SO INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL FOR EVERYONE!!!! THANK YOU!!!
So here goes--- here is the latest CRANE UPDATE!!!!
MARCH-- APRIL 2014
Fort Collins Temple has started!!!!!! Yipee!! We just couldn't be happier! It is such a delight to drive by several times a week, and see it's progress! WE CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!
Spring is the season for PROM!!! Here is Josh getting ready to go and ask Julia Bashford. He was on it this year-- and decided to go for the FANTA- a- STICK idea :) Love it!!!
Julia was thrilled he asked her-- and it didn't take long before she responded. Josh loved coming home to THIS!!! :) His face says it all :)
It was actually kind of funny. Her brothers helped her answer- and since she had forgotten to write "YES" her brother --- Mitchell wrote NO on a big piece of toilet paper- stuck to the wall. She about died-- and turned it into-- "Pick me up at Noon!" Ha HA!
Jackson was loving this whole thing! He thought it was just hilarious to see all this toilet paper!!! They had so much fun jumping in big mounds of it!
Here's Allie preparing for her school Talent Show!! Devree, Bree, and Allie did such an amazing job Dancing-- and stole the crowd!!
Maddie--- still going strong in her boot and cast! In for a check up before she headed off to Europe for 12 days.
We had originally planned a special trip this summer with Josh and Maddie- (to do humanitarian in Fiji, or Switzerland, Germany) However--- my pregnancy changed things quite a bit- and humanitarian was no longer an option-- we would be unable to travel that far in the summer. So we decided the only other option to not lose the miles would be to go over Spring break- with just the older kids. We tried to go to Switzerland-- but that was going to be way too cold. SO-- we looked into other cities. The only other city we could get into- at that late of notice-- was LONDON. Which sounded great to us. The only problem, is that there wasn't availability for the days Mark could go. So--- we came up with an idea to have the kids and I go- for a few days, and have Mark meet us (since he couldn't go early because of Ward Conference,) in Paris on Monday. It all worked out great- other than the fact that we missed him in London.
Zack and Allie and Jackson were super awesome at understanding- and were excited to be home with a babysitter- Amanda.
So the day finally came for us to go. It was a hard day for me because I hate leaving my kids-- but we made it fun-- and decided to make cookies and take them to the Keate's where Jackson would be staying for a few hours until Mark could pick him up. Here he is so excited to go over there!!!
The flight went really well-- and we were so excited to land in LONDON!!! Getting to our hotel was a huge highlight too! Since we were there without Mark-- Mark really wanted us to stay in a place that was super safe. So- we stayed in the Marriott near Big Ben. This was our view out of our window- Can you believe it? It was amazing!
Although we were so excited to get there-- we were of course totally jet lagged- and had to crash just for a few minutes before we ventured out to hit the London Streets.
Our first adventure walking the London streets! We had so much fun, and the kids were in awe! Here we were walking right past Big Ben, Parliament, The Eye of London, and across the Thames river---- Amazing!!
After exploring a few areas-- we worked our way toward Queens Theater-- to watch the best musical ever...... LES MISERABLES!!!! Totally amazing in London!!!!
The next day we had a hay day exploring "The Tower of London"
So much History!! LOVE LOVE LOVE It!
The kids tried and tried to get this guard to smile :)
We loved using the "Tube" and all the fun transportation-- especially the double decker buses!
We walked and walked and had a great time running into St. Paul's Cathedral--
Wow that thing is HUGE!!!
It was amazing walking those streets- so much history, so much culture-- We were in Love with all the unique things along the way.
After exploring the city- we decided to stop by the Eye of London - which was right at our hotel! We couldn't resist- and decided to ride that thing. SO FUN- and such a cool perspective of the city!
The next morning we got up and hit the town again- and headed over to
WESTMINSTER ABBEY
We had to wait for quite a while to get in--- but it was SO worth it when we got in. So amazing to see all the history of Kings and Queens buried in there- as well as all the events that have taken place there.
We walked up to # Ten Downing Street where the Prime minister lives
And even had fun trying to get these guards to smile again too!
We stopped in for some scones and clotted cream! Mmmm Mmmm- they really were so tasty!
Since we didn't have much time in London- we had to pack all that we could- into just a few days. So-- after enjoying a nice lunch..... we raced to get out to HAMPTON COURT
Home of King Henry the VIII

We made it just in the nick of time- and barely squoze in, as they let the last people in. We made sure nothing was left undone-- and even went for the full effect-- and wore the King and Queen gowns :)
Josh and Maddie would have made a great King and Queen
After exploring the Castle-- we headed out to the gardens- which were unbelievable!!!
Perfect little princess back drops-- with cone and sphere shaped trees-- and luscious green rolling hills.
As we moved around the yard- we were amazed! Look at all these flowers!! It was all SO gorgeous!!
Sunday Morning we had such a nice walk heading to church. The church we went to was in Kensington- where the Mission office is- so it was of course the nicest area. Church was packed too- with a full chapel full of people. So awesome! Afterwards, we took a little stroll through Kensignton- the fanciest poshest part of London-- The kids were LOVING IT!!!
Josh was especially loving all the fancy pants cars-- on every corner and driving all around.
We decided to stop by HYDE PARK where many of our ancestors heard the Gospel discussions for the first time. That was amazing! It was neat to envision them all gathered around "speakers corner" hearing Wilford Woodruff, Brigham Young and Parley P. Pratt and others. So neat- to see that this is where the testimony's of many on the Doxey, Crane, and Linford side all started.
After leaving the park- we walked down to see the Change of Guards at Buckingham Palace. It was a little different this time around-- no red hats-- and much much more low key. The kids were kind of dissapointed -- "All these people for that!" Oh well-- I guess they only do the big show with the band etc in the summer.
They were quite amazed by BUCKINGHAM PALACE-- it is quite the place. The kids could hardly believe all this for the Queen- and thought it was all really silly.
After walking back to our Hotel-- it was time to gather our stuff and head to the train station to catch the "Channel" to PARIS! Wow-- that is quite the ride- complete with full service meal etc. Josh was loving every minute! Maddie and I took full advantage and slept the whole way- it was awesome to wake up in PARIS!!!!
We came out of the Metro, turned around, and right in front of our eyes was
NOTRE DAME!
Our Hotel was right near Notre Dame-- but it still took us forever combing the streets to find it. We stayed at King Henry the IV hotel-- a quaint little hotel- smashed in between a bunch of busy buildings. At this point-- I didn't really care about seeing much (I was just SO excited that Mark would be here in the morning.) So we hung out in our Hotel and relaxed watching movies. It was awesome!!!
The next morning we ventured out a bit-- and explored the Notre Dame Cathedral.
Josh and Maddie loved going inside and seeing all these different cathedrals. They thought it was so interesting learning why they do different things.
Josh thought he'd join in the Candlelight Vigil
Thankfully time passed quick in that Cathedral-- because we were counting down until Mark came. He was to land any minute- and meet us here- so we were on the look out!!!
HE CAME!!!!!!!
It was so awesome to have Mark there!!!
After meeting up -- we headed out on the streets to see more of PARIS. Here we are visiting LES DEUX MAGOTS-- Ernest Hemingway was a frequent here-- and was know to sit and write many of his great masterpieces.

We then headed over to the LOUVRE to see the great MONA LISA
Amongst other great masterpieces! Josh thoroughly enjoyed reading and studying each piece of art.
In fact- we had to keep hurrying him along.
The great raft of Bethesda masterpiece
Cruising the Sienne River-- and playing under the PONTE DE NEUF Bridge- One of the oldest bridges in Europe!
MUSEE de ORSAY
After enjoying a nice Crockery dinner (we went to this cool crockery place that was so yummy!) we headed for the Eiffel Tower! As we first got there- we were a bit bummed because the lines were huge-- not to mention it cost a ton to go up the elevator. So we thought we would just skip going up. Maddie wouldn't have it!! She said--" I am in Paris-- and this is the one thing I am going to make sure I do-- even if I have to hike to the top of it!!" So-- we put on our hiking shoes and got busy climbing those stairs. She is hilarious-- and didn't even seem to mind one bit that she had to lug that boot up 750 stairs! I on the other hand- thought I might go into labor-- so Mark was super patient, and we climbed one level at a time :)
And eventually..... we all made it to the TOP!!!
We were not disappointed ! The views up top were glorious-- and we were able to see all of Paris!!!
Maddie had just as much fun hiking down- so it ended up being a win win all around!
We had a ton o fun taking crazy pictures in front of the tower-- and as we were walking away-- We thought we should get a picture for our new baby's book. So I revealed the bump for the first time! I even got a wild finger and decided to post it on Instagram-- WHOA! Not sure what got into me-- but I was new to instagram and being that I mainly only had family and close friends on it-- I thought- I guess now is as good as ever to share the news- since we still hadn't really told many people.
The next morning we head out to find our favorite pastry shop (from when Mark and I were there last time.) Oh MAN-- They are unlike I have ever had in America-- unbelievably tasty!!!
While we were out-- we had to do a little bit of Paris shopping! Maddie found some super cute boots, I found the cutest little french baby girl clothes ever, Josh found some sweet orange shoes, and Mark found some awesome shoes he loved..... but of course wouldn't buy them.
We discovered all kinds of finds....... like this repulsive pig :)
And just like that-- it was time to leave Paris. The crazy thing was--- we were supposed to leave on a late night flight down to Nice, France-- but only hours before it was supposed to leave, we found out that Air France had gone on strike! Now what? So we explored every option- and decided to take the bullet train instead. It ended up being a beautiful ride all across France!
And we finally finished the last of the cookies we had brought :)
NICE, FRANCE
A little jaunt on the French Riviera---- Aaaahhh beauty!
It was nice to get out of the big cities-- and be on the coast. We arrived in the evening- just in time to get to our hotel and relax- before the boys headed out on a great Mtn. Bike adventure the next morning.
We had heard that biking in the French Alps was some of the best mtn biking in the world- so we thought why not give it a try! Mark and Josh had an unbelievable time-- and all Mark could say is -- We have to come back!! He said the mountains-- overlooking the ocean with nice pine needle trails- with of course the perfect amount of technicality made it a perfect ride!
They had so much fun that Mark endo-ed and totally banged himself up. His worst injury..... Broken Big Toe-- ouch!! Perfect timing- with all the walking you do in Europe! We were now quite the Foursome! Maddie with her leg and arm, Me being pregnant, Mark hobbling on what became a completely black- oozing broken big toe..... and Josh carrying all of our luggage :) It was awesome!
While the boys were away biking, Maddie and I made the best of it- and slept in, relaxed, and even found a "real" restaurant! Maddie was SO excited to eat food that she recognized!!!
After they got back we went out exploring the town of NICE
And found what Rick Steves says- is the best Gelato in all of france--- FENOCCHIOS! It really was amazing (even ranked in Josh top 5) They had all kinds of flavors-- complete with Tomato, Avacado-- this picture below was only about 1/4 of them.
After enjoying NICE-- we woke up the next morning and got on the train for
CINQUE TERRE
Mark and I knew we wanted to take the kids here (our favorite place so far in Europe) but didn't know how- since our flights would only go into London. Well- we found a way. That's why we dropped down to Nice- because then it only left us a short train ride along the French Riviera to drop down into this GORGEOUS PLACE!!!!
The kids were in Heaven! The contrast between the busy cities and this is unbelievable! Serious beauty in this part of the world!
We started our day by grabbing a super super yummy sandwich made to order-- and then headed out on our hike to hike between all 5 cities.
At first we wondered how is Maddie going to do this? She didn't hesitate for a second-- she loves being outdoors- and hiking- so nothing was going to hold back this girl!!
We were staying in Vernazza-- and oh boy was it beautiful as we got up along the trail looking down! So pretty!
The trail is seriously Gorgeous! Rolling green hills covered in Ivy, and all kinds of amazing wild flowers. We were all SO HAPPY to be there!!
After hiking for several hours- we decided it was too dark to hike back, so we headed back on the train to get some rest so we could hike the next day.
Of course-- the nights weren't over until we made sure we checked in on all our brackets
for March Madness!!
Our hotel in Vernazza was in the perfect place-- right next to El Pirate restaurant--- Seriously the best! I think Josh ranked this one #1. I love it-- they had the most amazing Cannollis (which I have never liked-- but these weren't anything like the ones we have here in america) as well as other pastry's and sandwiches. So So tasty! I love their sign. We talked to the owner for a while- and he said- Look, I get tired of people asking for American things- so I just made a sign :)
After filling our bellies- we headed out for more hiking!!
LOVING EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF IT!!!!
The LOVE locked bridges of Europe stood strong here too! In fact, in the old days before they had any transportation between the cities-- the teenagers would come and find each other up in the hills (when they weren't supposed to have left their village) and profess their love for each other. This is right near where Romeo and Juliet lived.
CORNIGLIA-- breathtaking city right on the cliffs of the Mediterainian!!
Cinque Terra went by way too fast! In fact we almost wanted to just stay there for the rest of the trip-- it was so relaxing and out of all the smut and smoke of the cities. But-- we were in Italy-- and decided we should make sure we see the others while we were there. So we headed for.....
PISA
We stopped in Pisa for just a few hours to get in the standard shots-- oh boy- we lived up getting all kinds of pictures!!
And then, we were off to FLORENCE!!!
It was funny! This whole trip Maddie was confused on the Geography..... so we took the opportunity to pound it in--- so she could really learn where we'd been and how it all connected to each other. We had some awesome laughs about this! Maddie is so awesome!
FLORENCE, ITALY
Aaaahhh- the home of the Renaissance!
Had to stop in and see "THE DAVID" Michaelangelo's most famous statue!
And of course the DUOMO-- Such amazing Architecture!
The PONT DE VECCHIO Bridge! Another amazing Bridge-- one of the oldest in Europe!
And of course-- start diving into the famous ITALIAN GELATO!!! Oh boy- it was so yummy!!!
We only had a short time in Florence--but we made the best of it- and saw all of the main squares, and unique awesome things in Florence! We even learned that sleeping 4 people in a (family size) room is
"IMPOSSSEEBLE" :) Funny funny people in this world!
And just like that we were done with Florence-- and heading down on the bullet train to
ROME
We got there just in time to drop our luggage at the train station-- and head over to see the
VATICAN
We decided to take a small group tour so that we could make the most of it. Josh was loving every minute of it- and Maddie thought it was cool- but wasn't too into the details. We each wore head phones that described everything -it was so enlightening to learn about the early stages of Christianity- and especially the artwork of men who actually studied the scriptures-- Such as Michaelangelo- and his love for God- and how it was portrayed in his artwork.
Loved those eye moving tapestries.
ST. PETERS BASILLICA
I wasn't feeling so hot by this point (since we had probably been going a little too strong) so I sat down on the floor near the entrance. The guards- quickly came and told me that I wasn't allowed to do that- but instead escorted me to sit with the nuns in the roped off chapel to the side. So I sat with a bunch of nuns- on their prayer stools praying. Wish I had a picture-- it was awesome :)
THE PIETA
After leaving the Basillica we decided I needed to be done touring for a while- so Maddie and I caught the shuttle bus back to our hotel- and left Mark and Josh to do some night tours in Rome. Little did we know, they would get completely lost-for 2 hours- and not get to see one thing! Mark was trying to find a restaurant that we had gone to last time- but never found it. They ended up eating right back where we left off near the Vatican. Meanwhile-- Maddie and I seriously- couldn't have been more happy to roll up to our hotel. We used Marriott points for this one (it was out of the city) I have to tell you--- The bed never felt so good in my life! I was SO excited to get in my jammies and crash in clean, soft sheets-- it was heaven!!! The boys ended up making it back on the final shuttle bus around 12:30 in the morning. I thought they were having a great time- but turns out-- they saw a lot of nothing in Rome. Bummer!
The next morning was Sunday-- so we were once again delighted to go to church in another country ( I always learn so much-- and love seeing how other cultures run church.) We had a great time -- and they even had translators for us- it was awesome!!
Since this was our last day-- we decided to explore a little after church- and go for a walk around Rome's biggest highlights! We walked through Trastevere-- one of our favorite areas-- with amazing little hole in the wall restaurants.
We walked through Campo di Fiori
We walked through Piazza Navona
(and found all kind of street performers like this)
We found beautiful flowers-- which I LOVED!
We walked by the Pantheon
And even went inside the Pantheon-- The Mass is incredible!
TREVE FOUNTAIN
And by now the kids were STARVING! Guess what we just happen to run into...... McDonalds. They were LOVING life. It's funny- the other day- a friend took Jackson to McDonalds- and they were dying that he didn't even know what that was- or that he'd never been there. It's just not on the list-- and I seriously don't think we have ever been there even to grab something quick. However-- in ROME- when you've been eating lots of unique things-- suddenly-- these kids were craving McDonalds French fries- they never tasted so good!
We even walked by the SPANISH STEPS!
And then.... with only a few hours left before we would head back to our hotel- we decided to get on the Metro- and head over to the Colloseum. It happened to be the Rome Marathon that day- so we tried to avoid this place until the very last minute.
THE COLLOSEUM
THE ARCH DE TRIUMPH under construction :(
And once again-- we couldn't get Josh to move along. He was LOVING reading all the History behind each Architectural wonder.
This boys hair is so long!! It's funny- the whole trip- Josh didn't mind a bit if I took pictures of him. Maddie on the other hand- wouldn't have it. She was such a sport in the beginning- but by the end- she was done. Hence--- Josh in almost all of these.
In the final hours-- it became a down pour!!!
Rain in Rome- definitely spiced things up a bit!!!
Since the rain was so crazy- we decided to go back to the hotel to eat and enjoy some peace and quiet before we headed home! We were loving the pastas in Italy- so we decided to try one more..... this was Lamb bourgeneborgenn something :)
And Josh was in the mood for a nice warm Salmon...... little did he know-- they don't do it like that..... and instead he got a bunch of raw salmon. Not his favorite- but I was proud of him for trying!
Wow-- What a trip!!! Seriously a trip of a lifetime to go with these two!! It was so amazing to get away from all the hubbub of daily life- and spend one on one time with these two! They teach us so much- and always add so much to every conversation! It was awesome to have no interruptions with phones going off, or deadlines to meet-- but instead Just US time-- with a MILLION LAUGHS ALONG THE WAY!! The conversations were never interrupted, we had HUGE eye openers for what goes on in the world-- and a much much much greater appreciation was gained for living in America and Most of all having the Gospel of Jesus Christ-- and a testimony of the Word of Wisdom!! As much as we LOVED Europe-- We LOVE home so much more- and this trip taught us that we LOVE EACH OTHER so much more!! We all could hardly wait to be a family again- we missed the little ones so much! THANKS JOSH and MADDIE for giving us these experiences to be with you-- and learn so much from you!
They truly inspire us every single day!!!
So the next morning we jumped on a super early flight- and flew to Switzerland for a quick layover. We had lots of funny circumstances there.
"Do you hav any VEAPONS" Staring Josh down into his deepest part of his soul :)
"VAT are you doing?" Big Black Boof Hair lady with black glasses
As the one man told us to board early because of Maddie's condition-- another lady freaked out
"Vhere are they going?" in the sharpest voice we've ever heard. It left us longing to hear more of the Switz--people-- cuz they were killing us with their accents! :)
So we got on the plane- with no one else on it-- and the glorious thing..... is that it never filled up, and once again we each all had our very own bench- so we could lay across the seats and sleep!
Wow-- we were feeling lucky!!
As we got home late that night-- it was the BEST to see the kids!!! Wow- How we missed them!!!
We jumped right into the schedule- and ran to the track meets the next day. I love this picture-- it's Maddie and her friend Erika-- both with broken feet- in a boot! They both used to do track- so it was killing them, that there they were in there boots just watching. They came to support Josh and cheer him on in his jumps! What awesome girls!
Josh jumped right in after the trip--- and did a great job in his meets.
And Jackson discovered how to open doors to freedom!!! :)
Now he lives outside :)
Allie is such an amazing big sister-- always willing to help in any way!
This kid is growing! While we were running some errands down in Denver- we decided his shoes were too small- so he got these new duds! Proud moment for this kid- he could hardly wait to show everyone his new shoes- that "you can only get in DENBER."
I love to see our boys work together-- especially the little one join in and think he's totally workin' with his tools!
After we were back for a week or so- it was time to get busy preparing for prom. Maddie was in quite the fix. She freaked out before our trip- whether she would get asked or not (since she's only a sophomore.) I told her not to worry about it--so she didn't. Well- as we were on the airplane about to take off-- Jeff Newton (one of the Dads) texted me asking if Maddie had been asked. I told him no- but she'd love to go- but that we were leaving to Europe. He said ok. Well-- apparently because we were going to be gone his son had texted Maddie to go to prom so she wouldn't get asked by someone else. The big bummer is, Maddie has been begging and begging for a new phone- because hers doesn't always receive messages. So-- when we got back-- we never heard anything until 2 weeks later (2 weeks before prom) and we had heard that he had asked someone- but they never responded. So-- I decided I would just text the Dad to see if he had decided to ask someone else. He said-- no-- He thought Maddie didn't want to go with him- and was ignoring him--so he has awkwardly stood behind her at seminary every day- getting up the guts to ask her- but never did. In the mean time-- Maddie is home crying and crying that no one has asked her. I TELL YOU...... THE DRAMA!!!!! We all had a great laugh when Matthew called to talk to Maddie. He brought over beautiful flowers- and she was excited, and immediately made a Giant Cookie to say Yes- and dropped it off at his door. It was all such a huge mis-communication! Funny! Next step..... we jumped online to order a dress as fast as we could, and they confirmed that it would be here no later than 3 days before the prom. I knew it was risky- but I really wasn't up for making a dress or even altering one. I thought if I had to alter this one- it would be fairly easy in the 3 days we'd have it.
Here's the dress she picked. Little did we know that there are China websites with USA addresses- that looked like it was out of LA. We even talked to the lady- total american who took our measurements and everything and said it would be there. We seriously didn't even think another thing about it (since it would be made custom etc.) However-- about 4 days before the prom, I was telling a friend it should be here soon. She asked if I fell for a china website. I of course told her no-- it's all American.
The big fat bummer of it all-- was that we HAD TOTALLY FALLEN FOR IT! I had NO IDEA there were even sights like this. So-- the day it was supposed to come- we called and they said- YES-- it's in the mail- here's the tracking number. So we tracked it- and it didn't show it coming. So-- We called again- they confirmed it would for sure be here the next day. NO DRESS. Here is was the day before the prom- and we had no dress, and I was trying to focus on playing in an Easter Chorale Orchestra (long practices) and getting the dinner plans all confirmed. STRESS!!!
So that night-- we ran to Macy's and picked up any dress that wasn't completely hoochy mama!! We found one that was completely strapless-but had a big ruffled flower across the chest. We thought we might be able to match the fabric- so we ran to the fabric store 10 min before that closed-- but no luck. So we unpicked the flower off of it- and I took an old t-shirt that was purple and sewed it on as a base-- then layered over it the unpicked flower to make sleeves. Then of course it still wasn't modest enough- so I added the last tiny bit of ruffle around the neck to make it more modest. Let's just say it was stress- I tried to teach Maddie along the way- things to do-- but lets face it-- it was just stressful trying to have limited amounts of fabric and prevent it from looking like "Happy Hands at Home." We got it all done- and she said- take off the ruffle- I'm not wearing that. So I did. Then it was way too low- so she said add it back on. :) What a Joy!!!
Here I am -- Crazy lady at the sewing machine!!!
In the end-- SHE LOOKED SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Never mind that she could hardly move her arms or the whole thing would snap :)
Matthew came-- and the whole night turned out to be a success!!
Maddie and Matthew Newton-- Both of their first dates! They had been friends since they were about 9 so- it was totally casual.
The whole dinner group!
Max Baer (date not here) James Saunders, Lauren Mc Bride, Peter Flickinger (date) Max Francom (date) Dallin Petersen, Molly Thornton, Madison Penfold, Chase Petersen, Kim Jones, (date) Maddie, Matthew, Julia Bashford, Josh, Summer Grover, Curtis Cleverly
And all of the lovely girls!
Fossil Creek Ward Laurels
Our cutest Kids!!!!!
Josh and Curtis-- Interesting :-/
Josh and his creeper looks :)
The little kids LOVED all this-- Especially Jackson who is SO loved by all these teenagers!
Allie and Devree loved every second as well-- they were in awe with all the pretty dresses!
Maddie even splurged and went to get her nails done with Julia and Summer!
The Dinner! We have such awesome parents who helped make all the food- and decorate!!!
MISSIONARY TRANSFER BREAKFAST!!
We love when this rolls around every six weeks! Always a delight to have these missionary's in our home!!!
The new and improved RELIEF SOCIETY MEETING-- inviting all girls 8 and up! We had to celebrate this new change and go out to dinner before hand. We lived it up at East Moon Tepanyaki!!!
I love every minute I get to be with these girls!
WATERMELON SEASON HAS BEGUN!!!!
APRIL FOOLS!!!
Same old trick for 13 years-- Cotton Ball Cookies--works every time!! This time- Allie joined in the fun and took some to her teacher (who is used to getting real ones all of the time.) She sure loved Allie's little joke on her!
Zack jumped right in and was going crazy this year!! He had surprises all over this house!!!
And once and for all THIS GIRL GOT HER CAST and BOOT OFF!!! WOOHOOOOO!
Mark and Zack (keeping with the Crane tradition) ventured out on their Conference Weekend! Skiing for a few days- and then got to go to Priesthood session and Sunday session. Mark and Zack loved every minute of it-Such fun times!!!
I love this.... Ben sent him a pre-addressed envelope to send something back to him for a school project. So Zack wrote the story for him- and put it in the envelope. Then, I asked him- can you put 4 stamps on this and go put it in the mail. Thankfully, he didnt' follow the last step, and I found this on the counter! Let's just say, we had a little lesson on postage and mailing things :)
An attempt for senior pictures. Every - single time-- the wind was blowing or a cloud covered our light- or it started raining. SO-- I never got any good shots with some light in his eyes. Bummer! And now I'm on bedrest-- oh well we have him scheduled for real pictures tomorrow. (This will be his 3rd set :-/ The first we had taken by a professional-- but Josh HATED them-- it really didn't even look like Josh- and the guy used a flash in every picture- weird. So I decided to just snap some-- but the weather stunk- so here we go again!
EASTER 2014
This was Jackson's first year really understanding this whole thing. He had such a fun time finding all the "hard" eggs!
He wasn't all flowers and smiles though-- this concept was all so new to him- and wondered why he was going around getting eggs.
Beautiful ALLISON!!!
It didn't take long for him to realize-- CANDY INSIDE!!! So he parked it on the blanket-- and started chowing down! :)
Easter Morning
and our great-- Easter tradition of finding the Easter Baskets!
Allie running in from one clue to the next!
The standard - Black Hood clue!
The funny thing is-- the Easter Bunny tricked them this year-- and there were no clues under car hoods-- only under the Cabinet Hood!
They were all a little shocked to get Jackson stage books in their baskets. The Easter bunny left a note for them to pick our their own this year-- since they are SO picky about their books!
Maddie starting her clues!
Lots of twisted words this year-- especially for Josh. I love it!
HAPPY EASTER!!!
WE have ANOTHER TEENAGER IN THE HOUSE!!!!
Zack's 13th Birthday!!!
We had a great time Celebrating Zack!!! We all went out to Cafe Rio for his birthday dinner and came home for a treat! He is such a fun kid-- and his calming personality is truly is the glue that keeps us all together!!
Things we LOVE about Zack!!!
Super Calm and Cool
Such a loving personality
Amazing Athlete
Super Smart- and if he works hard-- ROCKS IT!!!
Super Confident and comfortable with himself-- EVERYONE LOVES HIM!
Always includes others- Super friendly
Super driven to get his work done so he can either look up sports or go to a game
Addicted to sports :)
Competitive
Super amazing with Jackson- and little kids
Hard worker
Amazing helper
Great knowledge of the scriptures
Willing
Great pianist
Super positive- never a downer!
Super lax in most things :)
Can't ever find his shoes-- he just barely took off :)
Happy
And the list goes on and on!!!
WE LOVE YOU ZACK!!!!
His friends at school gave him the sweet giddy up above. The girls made him wear colored hair, a crown and even these glasses-- and they decorated his locker! So fun!!
Since Zack had about a million things he wanted (soccer cleats, games, basketball shoes, iPod- since he lost his) we gave him cash- so he could choose for himself this year. He was pretty excited!
And Jackson-- just loved loved loved that Zack had a birthday! He always LOVES the balloons!
Every year we plan to do a party for Zack on the Lake (since that is his dream to have all of his friends on the boat together) However-- somehow it always falls through with the crazy summer plans. So this year at the last minute, we decided he should invite some friends over to hang out-- not presents and all-- just a fun time to all come over and play ball. The problem was -- that I was already scheduled to be out of town the weekend after his birthday--
This didn't seem to bother Zack-- he said- they can all just still come over- while Dad's here. So Mark agreed-- and about 30 boys walked home with Zack after school. Quite the sight -- I heard :) They played hard-- and afterwards came in for Chocolate cake to end the night! Thankfully the cake kept. I made it the day before- and put it in the fridge-- hoping no one would dig in! Looks like they were good- and waited to celebrate with ZACK!!!
This is the picture Mark texted me-- Aaaaaahhh man-- I was SO sad I missed it!!!!
And in final news...... This boy has submitted his Mission Papers!!! Here is his Mission picture that he submitted with this papers!! Woooohoooo-- We can hardly wait until he gets his call. Only 2-4 weeks until it comes!!!! We are so proud of you Josh-- What a huge honor to be ready to serve the Lord!!
Accomplishments don't get any better than that!!!























































































































































































































.jpg)




























3 comments:
Love that you updated your blog Cosette. What an incredible beautiful family you have. The traditions, memories...all so so great! I love you and your family. You and Mark are doing such a good job with your kids. Amazing. Your trip looked amazing. I didn't know about Josh putting in his mission papers!! So so exciting. Love you Cosette.
Keep the posts coming!:)
I love reading about your family!!! We love you guys and wish it were easier to keep in touch-but the blog is an awesome way to stay in the know somewhat:)
The pictures are so great that I feel like we traveled with you. Making memories and keeping them alive with the blog--Perfect! Thanks so much for sharing.
Post a Comment