Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Gibson- Doxey Reunion
Millsite Campground

Definitely..... the Shiggidy- Bomb -Dizzle!!

Oh... How we love Millsite!  This is our second time going there for a reunion- and Oh.... what a dream!    Cher and Bry were champs, and reserved it on January 1st- just in the nick of time- before it was all taken up for the 4th of July weekend.  They reserved all 12 sites- which are all placed around a nice grassy field, right up to the lake, and equipped with bathrooms with hot showers!  Couldn't be more perfect for our group of 75!

And, not to mention.... an entire Lake to ourselves!!!  Wooohooo- it was a total Par-tay! 

Since Mom was gone on her mission, all 12 kids hadn't gotten together for a very long time- even way before she left.  So- we thought we must do it.  We originally planned it in June- but things just fell into place to do it in July.  
So, we jumped at the chance, and made it happen.



As we all arrived, it was  beautiful!  We got all of the tents set up, got settled, jumped in our swimsuits, started getting life jackets on, and then the rain came pounding down.  Bummer!  But, it didn't hold us back- It was actually so nice to have a chance to all be together under the giant pavilion. 
Finally, a chance to chillax and visit :) for a while.

Richard- was killin' everyone-- hanging out with his half zippered jacket.  We were begging-- "Zip that rug up!!"  After a while- he didn't care about the rain, and got a huge group together to boat in the rain.


Em and I were loving that Ella and Jackson were so cute together!  This was the first time they had met- so it was extra exciting!

 

Josh and Garrett didn't seem to mind the rain either-- No wasting time!


It was so fun to have Caitlin here this time- as she was in Brazil for the last one! 


Cute Ella


Rich and Bry finally talked Mark into getting our boat on the lake-- by this time the rain was about gone.  Let the fun begin!  

Love Clayson-- We are so excited for his mission call to Africa!  
He is going to be so awesome!  We are so excited for the new mission ages too!  Woohoo- 
Josh was a little shocked.... but excited to go in only a year and a half.  
And now-- Maddie's thoughts have completely changed.  
Looks like might have all 5 kids serve! So exciting!



Tube on dudes!!  Oh my-- what a barrel of laughs.   These kids are hilarious to watch!  So. Much. Fun!


Wake boarding became the new have.



Mom was the best supporter.... Waving to everyone, and making sure everyone was safe!


Amber has a little wild finger!  Seriously just after this shot- she whipped Doug right off the back.  Hilarious!! :)


What could be better than the hanging out late into the night!




The next morning, we woke up bright and early for our annual 5k Race.  Dorothy did a stellar job organizing this.  We all had numbers- coordinating with our number in the family.  Cosi- 9 Mark's 9.0, Josh 9.1 etc. etc.   Awesome race Dorothy!  She mapped out the course for the kid run and the big one- and wow-- you should have seen the running talent these kids have!


Bry thought he'd come out for victory!  He put on his running shorts from High School-
"When you've got something that works-- stick with it!"  :)

I have to say.... my favorite quote from the reunion was 
 after  Bry pulled up in his 40 foot Winebago,  Leslie said: 

"So- You turn 50, and you think you can show up in a Sunhat and a Winebago?" 

Kick in the pants!

Nice Bry!



All the kids were seriously amazing!  I have a ton of pix but- due to the mass numbers already posting, I couldn't post them all. I tried to post all that I could- so you could get them from here.  But- if you need more- or want me to send you some, let me know!  Still can't figure the photo bucket thing with the size of my images.  Someday I'll get it- so I can get pictures to both families better.


Dorothy didn't miss a thing!  She was prepared with medals and all!


And then.... as soon as possible, we were all back on the lake.  It was perfect this time, everyone contributed in bringing their water toys, we had  3 boats, 2 jet skies, 8 canoes, 2 kayaks, tubes, a jumping dock, and 80 life jackets! 


Fun was had by All!  Rob had the official title of "The Water front Czar."  He did a stellar job rotating each thing.... and making sure everyone posted their magnetic name under which activity they were doing.  He also made sure the boat drivers got plenty of chillaxin' time off of their boats so that they had fun too!  Mark, Rich and Bry greatly appreciated this!  Woo-weeeeee- super fun!



Jackson was in heaven-- all this doting on!


Mom did amazingly well- With the water close by and all.  I don't think I have ever seen her get on a boat- or get in the water.  This time was different!  Rob took her out for the ride of her life- they were going crazy out there- spinning, jerking, even flips! :)  Ok- maybe there weren't flips involved- but she did take a tour of the entire lake.  Thankfully she had on the good old"Trusty Stearn" lifejacket.  "The best you can buy!"  I totally remember when we got those.  Four of us teenagers were headed out to Youth Conference to ride "The Snake."  Mom was freaking out that we would even do such an activity.  So, she and Dad went out and bought these fancy life jackets.  
Thank goodness they've proved themselves all these years!  



Seriously-- Mom you are a total crack up!!   It wouldn't be a reunion without her trying to get all 80 of us to full attention.  She's learned through the years the way to do it!  Here she is --- with her questioneer game..... offering a myriad of spectacular prizes for those that got the question right! A little history lesson along the way- proved to be magical! :)  The kids took it..... hook, line and sinker!


Leslie even got the super purse prize! 

Notice the sweet pinata's the Young's made in the background! 


So..... Our shirts were sweet this year!  Chad is an incredible designer- so we put him to work!  He came up with this little ditty!    These shirts really tell it like it is with the Gibson- Doxey's.   They definitely share a little historical revisionism , along with  all of the far- out stories we tell-- and the future of wild stories to come!!  

Great job Chad!


So..... Going back to the Young's sweet- home made Pinata's..... Just can't help but LOVE that good picture of Rich!  2nd favorite quote..... from Heidi Doxey:  "It's a good thing I met him without hair- cuz there is no way I would have dated him with hair!"  Love It!  

Ok-- Going back to the great prizes that were offered!   Keep in mind..... Mom was officially out of her house this early summer- and Dan has been left to take care of a few loose ends-- and that is where these sensational prizes come from.  This Sweet- "Born Free" manual was amongst the tops. 
This was the find of all!  
Totally lovin' the Camper memories..... and of course all of the wild 
"Born Free- as free as the wind blows" singing fests-- 
Oh-- those were good times!  What did we do with the camper anyway?


Another magical find, as Mom's  house was cleaned out was...... The wedding card for Dorothy- and Richard- full of money from the Ward Members- Nice.  :) Dorth about died, and Mom had a good chuckle!  Do I write thank you notes-- from what-- 7 years ago?!?  Love it Dorth-- that it hilarious!


Andy and his Do-rag!


Bry didn't mess around- He's making sure Jackson is familiar with one of the best sports ever!


Nothing is ever left out-- We even had a treasure hunt for all the kids-- So Fun!!

And of course..... With all 12 kids together for the first time in a long time- 
we had to take family pictures. 


I was lucky to take Em and Chad's before Em lined up all of the families.
Don't they look awesome!


Sweet, little Ella

Millsite seriously has it all!  Right over the hill from the campsite are awesome 4-wheeling hills.  
What a riot!




Like I said- Rich and Heidi did a stellar job on the Reunion planning.   They even thought to bring a basketball hoop of all things.  Hours and hours of wonder- boy fun!

Everyone was in charge of something-- in fact- I really need to post Rich's itinerary/ assignment list on here.... not to mention the $25 late fee for those that were late with their dues, and signed consent forms.  Don't mess with Rich ..... he took us on like one of his clients in the big law firm.


Anyway-- I think it was Em and Heidi's job to bring all the awesome craftiness- fruit loop necklaces, bracelets, necklaces etc.  Awesome- Thanks guys!   

I LOVE night time when we are camping.  There's nothing like being under the stars, when the weather is perfect.  And-- there's always a camp fire- with some good -slap happy, campfire singing and guitar-ing involved.




And- yet another day- full of water fun!


I LOVE every minute we get to just hang out--and be together!
Every minute with Mark is the shiggidy!!! (that means.... the best of the best!)


Love the chance to just be YOU!





Heidi even thought of a play tent for the kids, filled with toys and balls for the littles.




Love these faces!




Love these cute girls!


Garrett did a fab job photog-ing everyone-- especially the videos.

He's got skills!




Nothing like being stranded out in the middle of nothing for a while.  The tube cover ripped-and they were trying to fix it.  I wasn't about to just sit in the water and let the fish eat me.  So I took it EZ.  Then I realized Mark wasn't coming back-- so I swam like crazy trying to get out of there.  
I have issues with lakes. :)

The days went so quick- with everyone having so much fun.  


And just like that,  we were on to our last night together.  Dan and I were in charge of the program.  Dan- wrote a smashing script- full of all kinds of hilarious reminiscence of the days gone by.  He and I did a little repartee- back and forth.   Bummer I didn't practice more- it was a good one.  The idea...... a walk down memory lane with all of Grandma's, Mom's and the Sista's dresses!  
All modeled by the lovely cousins.  

Love these shirts.  They make me chuckle!  Dad and Mom used to wear these matcheroo's every where.  :) Love it!  They might have even been listening to Ann Murray in the car- 
singing their hearts out. 





Too bad I couldn't display all of the girls on the runway..... but here they are just after their show.  Every dress has a story-- I'm not a big fan of saving stuff.  But, boy oh- boy was this a total crack in the pants :)  Looking at each one, brings a vivid memory of yesteryear......
except Maddie's lovely lacey- What was that?


 Maddie on the Runway


And this..... was a delightful find!  Maddie modeling the bridesmaid's dress from our wedding!
Wow, have times changed.


After the show was over..... We sisters --of course had to break out the "Sister's" dresses!  These were put to great use all those years- doing the "Sister's" act from White Christmas.    
As we modeled them, we all of course broke into a WDP (wild dance party!!)


I was dancing way too wild to get any good pictures- to show this DP justice.   
The mosh pit was strong to say the least-- especially when "Cinema" came on.


And it didn't stop there!  Bodies started flailing!
It started getting too late..... and things had to come to an end.  :(  I love a good DP- 
So many laughs, smooth moves, sweaty arm pits, and smiling faces.



Loved the nightly bathroom run-- just like the good old days- 
getting ready all together --in front of one giant mirror.


And of course..... the teenagers were never ready for bed.  Just as we'd wrap everything up-- we'd hear......"Let's Play........."

And then.... our last and final day- We got up early to make the most of our time on the Lake.  

Why do such fun things have to come to an end?!?!?  
Thanks Rich and Heidi for planning such an outstanding  reunion.  
Such. A. Par-tay!!!!


I'm pretty positive we're going to have to do it again!!!!!!






Finally getting caught up.   
Next up...... The Crane Family reunion back East-- and then on to Aspen Grove.  
















3 comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

Wow - it was so fun. Thanks for being so good at taking pictures. I loved how everyone did so much to make it happen. It was a whole family affair for sure!! P.S. I still have to chuckle that those dresses were all still around - wow - if I had as much closet space as the "White House" did - the possibilities would be endless.

Leslie said...

AWESOME PICTURES Cosi!! Thanks so much for sharing them! That reunion was so much fun!!! :) We miss you guys!!!!!

Jeanette and Dave said...

The Gibson-Doxey family really knows how to party, party, party all the days and nights. So fun!!!

Powered By Blogger