Life in MAY, April and March too!
Here's our most recent adventures. . .
The beauty of living in (almost) the middle of America- is that we get to have our favorite peeps come visit once in a while!! This time we were delighted to have Jonelle, Stephen and Carter stop in for a few days as they moved from Michigan to CA!! We had a ball of course (get it) He! He! The kids did play quite a bit of ball- and Carter is almost as tall as them- so he kept right up. Jonelle and Stephen were champs- and were very patient with us- as we had a few things going on with getting ready for camp, end of year etc. stuff. We loved having you guys come! And of course, miss you lots already!
Hello- End of the Year!!!! It hits hard doesn't it? Yes, it's May, and I swear we have had something every night. Our weekends have been full with Soccer/service projects/ scout fundraisers etc. We even had part of the BYU Lacrosse team stay with us--so fun!! Whether it's an orchestra concert, track meet, soccer game, soccer parties, Ward Broadway nightparty, H.S. Musical, tennis stuff, piano stuff, music programs, grad party's etc. etc. It's been hoppin'! And- of course all of the end of the year projects are a party too! Here are Josh and Maddie displaying their handy science projects--Don't you love our creativity? Same Title! :~) I love it- anything to get the job done! They both did awesome, and won ribbons! Anyway-- Just in case you were wondering- we can't wait for school to be out!!
Apparently we have a hurdler in the family! Josh smoked all the hurdlers at his own Jr. High- and here he is at Districts, doing awesome once again! He and Maddie did track this season along with Soccer and Tennis- it worked out perfect, because it is right after school on their off days of their main sport. Maddie did awesome too- but the 6th graders only had one meet and Maddie wasn't able to go- Next year Maddie girl!
Although it has been crazy- It has been really fun going to all of their performances. Here is Allie at her Kindergarten music performance- She did awesome! And of course we love her amazing teachers- Sheralyn was in our old Ward- we were so lucky to get her! I can't believe it- Allie will be gone all day next year. It's gone way too fast- seriously, what am I going to do with my life? She's my little buddy! :( I'm sure I'll survive, it's just hard to imagine right now.
Mother's Day- was the best ever!! I love the rare day when church meetings are cancelled, and we're all home together! Mark and the kids always make it awesome! I'm so Spoiled!! They went all out- Josh and Mark grilled my fave- Salmon and asparagus- Tasty!! Josh gave me some pretty sweet coupons- that I know I will take him up on! Maddie gave me some rockin' Mother's day word searches! With super nice words describing me. We both have a little love for word searches- so it was so perfect! Zack gave me an awesome Crossword puzzle that he had made. My favorite word was Sweat!! I love it! He was going for "Sweet" but of course- sweat fit right in!! And, Allie- gave me the cutest little hand artwork set- one for every month- seriously the cutest!! I love you guys so stinkin' much- It's so fun to be your MOM!!
Happy Birthday Zack- my cutest 9 year old!
Zack just adds a little SPICE to LIFE!! I love it!
He walks in the room- and suddenly it's full of energy - so fun
Zack is Mr. Happy!
He's super smart- and somehow gets A's every time- even though he's always forgetting to hand in his Homework-- maybe it's because he's a bit of a schmuzer too :) The teachers love him- he's just that kind of kid that is so fun to have around.
Things that really don't matter- really don't matter with Zack. It's actually quite refreshing! He comes up in red plaid shorts and an orange stripe shirt - And when he gets the look, he says "What?" and honestly has no idea that they- so- don't go!
He's a bit addicted to SPORTS- Not sure what to do about that- except be thankful that at least it's not video games-(which might be a second addiction if he had a choice-:) It's actually kind of embarrassing. In Scouts last night they had all the boys come up with an American Hero--All the kids chose- Abe Lincoln, Benjamin Franklin, etc etc. Nope- Not our boy, he chose Kobe Bryant of all people!! Hideous!! What is this boy learning?? That's it- no more Lakers games! I guess there is one perk- He will get up early every morning to finish his jobs/ practicing etc. so he can check the scores of all the teams that won the night before--hmm, I wonder where he gets this from?
I guess it's all those reasons- that we like Zack so much!! He's just a super swell kid- that makes our house and family so happy!! He works hard to do good, be nice, and be the best Him! We love you Zack!!
p.s. This is the start of Zack's dance move- I wish you could see it all- Apparently He "owns" it! He's got some moves!
All Zack wanted to do for his Birthday was have a "Serious Sports Party!" In fact- he planned a whole tournament with brackets and all- including 3 sports. We were a little skeptical how it would turn out. But- all 14 boys totally went all out. We gave them each a pinnie with their names on the back to help it go smoother- and changed them inside out for the different teams. And then of course Zack wanted "We will -We will Rock You" and "We are the Champions" playing the whole time. Definitely glory days!! Maddie and Allie were stars too- and made sure the boys were pampered with Gatorade and towels!
Strawberry Jam Season!
Strawberry Jam Season!
I love Spring! Bright pink trees everywhere, Iris's shooting up out of the ground, and blossoming flowers around every corner. One of the best parts though, is the tasty fruit! Allie loves making Strawberry Jam every year- and has been begging to make more since February- somehow we didn't do enough last year. She is hilarious- she practically did the whole thing! I love my little helper!
Braces Weekend!
I love these weekends! Another fabulous time with the family. This time was a little more like a Girls weekend ( except Tom, Max, Zack, Josh and Mark- who didn't mind- because they were off to games etc) We had Amber, Leah, and Paige, from New York, Leslie, Lindsey, Katie and Ellie from Vegas, and Mom, Debbie, Cosi, Brynne, Max and Tom from Utah. It was awesome- fun times playing games, crazy princess sliding-guessing Matt's Mission call (congrats- South Africa!!) Making treats, Grammie's Easter Egg hunt, and of course Dress ups Galore!!
Oh- and a little braces on the side!
I know this is old- but if I don't document- I forget. And- I don't even have good recent picture of her either- oh well.
Grandma Butler (Mark's Grandma) passed away the end of March. We were so sad to hear the news, but also so happy for her to be with her husband again! This was our last Grandparent (and Great Grandparent) living. We only wish we could have seen her one more time before she died. In fact, Mark was looking forward to seeing her when he went out for Conference and then she died a few days before. It was awesome to be there for the funeral. Mark and Maddie were already out there for Maddie's 12 year old Conference tradition- then I ended up flying out for the day. Her funeral was awesome -Dad and Stephanie spoke (both amazing!), Raeanna, Jonelle and Steph sang, and Jeff, Brian gave prayers and Mark gave the dedicatory prayer. It was so neat. After she was buried in Riverton, we went over to the "Crane House." I love History- and this was just cool. Mark's Great Grandpa Heber Crane owned a lot of Riverton during the Depression- in 1918- His family built this house, and it is now a historical building in Riverton. SO-- it was super cool to go back with Mark's Dad- and hear stories of visiting there as a child. They still even have the old wagons in the back. I love the architecture! Isn't it the cutest house!!
All the Crane kids standing in front just after Grandma Crane Butler's Funeral
General Conference Tradition
What a fun Tradition Mark has carried on from when he was growing up. Mark takes the kids to Conference just after the kids 12th Birthday. They live it up- with skiing for the first couple of days and then go to Conference together. Each time, my kids come home so happy, and with a new appreciation for Conference. Maddie already grew so much from that one experience, and as the Ensign came out this month, she could hardly wait to read it. Mark makes it really special, as they stay in Salt Lake right next to Temple Square. They also did Baptisms in the Temple which made Maddie super happy and one step closer to reaching her goal to do baptisms for the dead in every temple (I know- I think I want to join her in that goal-wouldn't it be nice to go to that many countries!!) It was fun to be there with her- since I was there for the funeral- and super fun to see her testimony grow. Of course the high light was having Meemaw and Grandpa there for conference as well. They had so much fun going out to dinner and hanging out.








3 comments:
Life at the Crane's - crazy busy fun!!! We love to read about all the happenings in Colorado --- birthdays, braces, parties, camp prep, jamming the strawberries, hurdles, school, concerts, etc. We love you!!!
Sounds Busy Cosette! We are glad you guys are having such a blast! Can't wait to see you guys again soon! :)
I'm not sure why I'm just seeing this post. But, I LOVE it, I just love to stay connected with you and see your family growing. Crazy how quickly the time is passing. I also love getting great ideas from you, I'm totally copying you on the General Conference 12th birthday tradition, okay? Love it! I want to come visit, someday...
Post a Comment