
- Mark just got back from Guatemala. He was there doing a Dental mission, and had an incredible time.--And--we were incredibly blessed here, and everything ran really smoothly - We felt so watched over!(I was freaking out before--with the timing--of moving etc, and the Utah people that
died in Guatemala the week before.) Anyway--he has wanted to do this forever, and has had it planned for the last year, and he finally got to go. He went down with a group of LDS Dr.s --2 from Fort Collins (Kieth VanTassell, and Ken Allen) and the rest from Denver. They stayed in Chicimunga (I know I hashed that spelling) in a run down hotel, and then traveled every day to different villages. The villages were way up in the mountains--and they rode in the back of a little truck on winding dirt roads for 2-3 hours each way. He mainly pulled teeth--since their teeth were so bombed, but it was cool--One day a 12 year old boy fell and broke his jaw (it just happened to be the day they were there) and knocked out a bunch of teeth. Nobody had any wire so Mark asked if they had paper clips--they searched and found some, and Mark ended up wiring the boys mouth back together with composite and paper clips! Then taught him--how to take care of it after a few weeks/months etc.
--Isn't that cool? I am so proud of Mark--what a great talent he has to help people!!! On the last day they were there, they set up shop in Guatemala City to help all of the missionaries waiting to go on missions, but haven't been able to because of their Dental status--they got a bunch of them ready to send out!!! It was cool to hear the experiences--Mark keeps talking that he wants me to come down next year and be his assistant--We'll see--I would LOVE to go --It scares me to leave the kids though--who knows we'll see. Someday, I want to go with the whole family as they get older--Mark especially wants to take them down one at a time as they get older--so they can be a part of it too! What a humbling eye opener--to put life in perspective!

The kids are doing great too! They have been busy with school (they love their classes and teachers!!) -Josh has been totally jealous of Maddie--she has been so busy with taking care of all the neighbors Dogs, cats, fish, plants, hamsters etc while they have been out of town--she is bringing in the big bucks--and it's not fair (he says)!! She has been busy all summer, and is still going, as some of them are still traveling. Thankfully they are all in our cul-de-sac--and it is convenient. She has learned a ton about animals, and which kind of dogs she likes and doesn't, and she found out she doesn't like cats (she is allergic too!) She's also been catching all the local frogs, and craw-dads etc.--Man, this girl is going to be a vet! She loves animals --Where did this come from??---crazy!
Whew--this is way too long--other than that, guess what we've been doing?????? PACKING! We move into our apartment on the 17--and out of here on the 19th--holy cow! That's next Week! I really should be packing--and not blogging--oh well! We have had a blast --finding old treasures! The kids found green hair spray stuff from Halloween and we couldn't resist!! We also found a yummy Christmas chocolate sucker making kit----Allie whipped them up with no problems--and had a treat for the kids when they got home--it has been handy to keep her busy (we won't mention how old that might have been!) We have found all the missing parts to everything we already threw away--oh the fun! We have also loved listening to Em and Chad's wedding CD while we pack (can you tell?) Most of them are from our good old dating days! It has been fun---but I'm telling ya---it just keeps coming out of the walls! Unbelievable how much junk we have--We are looking forward to the apartment--and a much Simpler life!! We told the builder we might just like it better-and have to sell the house! We love all your updates keep them coming!!!!! Oh--ya and someday after we move --and then probably move again I might actually get around to making our blog private!!!!
11 comments:
Never a dull moment with the Colorado Cranes! So much fun and excitement - thanks for keeping the blog going.
That's awesome that Mark could have that experience. How cool. I am sure that they were all so grateful! He does have a wonderful talent/skill he can give to others, WE KNOW, he does it for us so generously!! THANK YOU!! Looks like some fun times packing and getting ready for the BIG MOVE!! Pretty exciting guys! We can't wait to see the finished product of your house the next time we come out! YEA!!
Wow how awesome that Marc got to do that. I bet it was very rewarding/emotional, etc. I am so jealous cause I have a special place in my heart for Guatemala. My friends husband just got back, he's in dental school in Denver, his name is Ben McDowell- did he go with Marc?
Good luck with the move and everything. How crazy!
That is totally cool that Mark could go and do that. I bet he saw some nasty stuff. Every time we move, i always find those special hidden treasures. It is fun to see what is hidden in those boxes that you never open in the back of the closet or attic. Good luck with the move!
I loved the update - Mark you are so talented. Seriously - wiring a jaw shut with paper clips?!?! I hope it all turns out well for that kid. I love that Maddie is making the big bucks. Josh - a girl has got to do what a girl has got to do. Maybe next time you'll think of the great idea and beat her to it!!! Good luck with the move.
Wow! What an incredible opportunity to serve! I'll come tend the kids when you go... but I'd love to go on the next trip, too. I'm sure you could use an ER nurse on a trip like that. That is something I've always wanted to do, too.
How fun to be discovering all your old treasures! Thanks for the update. I love hearing from you!
Hug all the kids for me.
Awesome that Mark got to go to Guatemala. My dad would love to chat with him sometime about what they did, where they went. He's been there many times on similar trips. They'll have to compare notes sometime. Good luck with the packing. It looks like you're way organized. The apartment/simple life will be great! After our 6 month transition to California I thought, "What is all that stuff in storage anyway? I haven't missed very many thing!" Needless to say, I've been de-junking ever since! Good luck! We're thinking of you!
Things sound busy at the Crane home! We are so jealous you sold your house. No joke, we have sold our house about 6 times. . . if only the sale could go through!!!
Mark, I am so jealous. I have wanted to do one of those trips for years. My partner/Uncle goes on two a year and always asks me to come but JaNae is scared that I will die and she will be left a widow. Maybe one of these days it will work out! Jason
OK - New post needed. Let's see your new house and get a needed Crane update.
Okay, I did read this post a while ago and I thought I commented on what an awesome experience this was... but, since I don't see it here. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still reading your blog and hoping to read more about what you are up to.
Post a Comment