Friday, June 27, 2008

Finally an Update--a bit late --Emily and Chad's Wedding

CRANE UPDATE






I guess we are a bit behind on the blogging--this is all old news--oh well--it's chance to catch up on journaling for the month.

Em's Wedding--was absolutely beautiful! From the pix--you'll see how gorgeous Em looked too! She did such a great job planning the whole wedding--everything turned out awesome. We are so happy to have a new bro in the family--Chad you're awesome! It was an incredible day--with All 12 kids (and spouses) in the temple to witness Em and Chad's sealing. What a great feeling--Wow Mom (and Dad) you are amazing--We hope we get that blessing to have all our kids in the temple together! Then, the day after--we all went and did sealings--sealing Peggy (the Gibson's mom) to her parents and all her family. That --was amazing also--what a neat experience. Cher--you are so talented in getting those all temple ready! Hats Off!

While in Utah--we had a stellar time! We were supposed to come home early to get Youth Conference all ready--but there were too many fun things to do still-- we couldn't pass up one more Mountain Bike adventure -since we had only gone every day that whole week!--I must admit though South Fork was the best! The boys went golfing--and of course, as we were getting ready to really go-Cher and Bry pulled out their 50 foot slip n' slide! The men went all out-and of course it turned into a competition! We also had the ultimate shake off! Mmmm--there were some tasty shakes made--Cheri's strawberry/oreo won--however, Dave and Leslie might want to work on theirs (2 cups of peanut butter? Lemonhead/black berry shasta?--crazy!)

After we got home--Youth Conference hit hard--and the kids were so patient and helpful. We all kind of went crazy for a few days before we left for Sterling (a tiny college town in CO) We had a blast with all the youth--they are so fun to work with. We did the whole Nephi's journey----they built (the modern day) boats etc. We pulled in a bunch of Aspen Grove games--for the "Friendly Competition" --it was fun as they went around in their tribes with their flags, cheers etc. Mark is still laughing that I was the DJ for one of the dances (we were tight on budget)--obviously he thinks I am lacking in the music scene. I do have to say I am up on all the teen tunes now--if you need a playlist-let me know! Thankfully the kids submitted their songs so i wasn't that bad--but I had to laugh when the kids came up and requested songs--I had never even heard of the group--let alone the song-- It was fun. Thanks for the flour bomb idea Matt--it was awesome--200 people going crazy--there was a huge cloud of flour above- they were covered in flour--it was fun! The best part of course was hearing their testimonies! The youth are so strong! It's awesome to learn from them.

Other than that--Life is going great--it's crazy--Josh was gone to scout camp for a week and just got home--We thought he would be so homesick--but when he got out of the car--he had the hugest smile on his face. He loved it! He did great and earned a bunch of merit badges. The other kids are great too--Maddie and Zack took first place in their track meet event today--so they are so excited--and Allie of course is still the number one cheerleader-helping everyone where they need to be--She has had a fun week though with swimming lessons--she and Devree(VanTassell) love anything they do together--they are such good friends. We are so happy the VanTassell's (our Virginia friends) moved here--we love having them in the neighborhood! Now--I think you are all caught up on the Cranes--probably more than you needed to know! We hope you are all having a great week!

4 comments:

renee' said...

Sounds way fun and busy! I love that you were the DJ, that makes me laugh. You're family has the most fun together, what great memories for your kids to make. What an incredible thing to have all 12 siblings and spouses in the temple for Emily's wedding, the odds of that must be one in a million. How neat!!!

Jeanette and Dave said...

We're so happy for Emily. Your family is so blessed. Thanks for sharing!

Kristi said...

That slip n slide looks AWESOME! I wonder if I can get a huge tarp and do something like that? What a fun thing to do. Sounds like a great trip. And your youth conference sounds fantastic! What a wonderful idea. I'll have to keep that in the back of my mind in case we are ever in charge.

Janae Downey said...

Hi Cosi! I haven't checked in for awhile, but it sounds like you guys are staying busy and having fun. I'm glad to hear Josh survived scout camp. I'm getting ready to send Jackson to scout camp next week, but I won't panic too much because Jason is going too. I love hearing how happy you are, we love your family and miss you! JaNae

Powered By Blogger