Wednesday, February 13, 2013

July through Thanksgiving

Finally updating!!!  Woohoo- hat's off to me :) It's only been 6 months!  Our last post was Aspen Grove  at the end of July.  So-- you're in for a few months.   I wish I didn't have to give any details, and were the type to only include one picture.  But I'm not!  I know..... It's ridiculous how many pictures I post.  Every picture has a story--- and in my book-- every story is important!  And-- if you know me-- I never leave anything out!  I love to look back and see the details of life.  It makes the kids so happy too- to see all the little things.   Sooooo........ It get's long and super boring- but at least our little life is documented-- and tells our story of the blessing of living and learning together!!




Longs Peak
August 4, 2012

As we rolled away from Aspen Grove- we were on to the next event.....trying to race home to meet the Young Men so that Mark and Josh could hike Long's Peak.  We got home around 8, and they left to hike at 10.   

Here they are at the base- ready to start up the hill!

They usually leave early-- like 4am, but this time they had to be back for Devree VanTassell's baptism- so they started hiking at 12 from the base- and got back by 2 the next afternoon.   They said it was super rugged- hiking all night.  It sounded so fun!


Josh said there were definitely some super scary ledges they hung tight on.  Look at those jagged edges!


And finally..... They made it to the top!!!  14,000 something feet!!







Standing on top.  Look at those beautiful clouds!  They said it was glorious!!!

I loved to hear their stories about coming down!  Apparently they ran most of the way.  Thankfully they stopped to take a picture of how beautiful it was!





The Last Days of Summer

It seemed like this summer- we were going, going going!  It was awesome to have a few days to just chill before school started.  We actually got out on our boat for the very first time with just our family.  Woohoo!  It was so awesome to be together, and see Mark out on the lake instead of driving!




Maddie and I were LOVING knee boarding on our old boogie boards.  Cher and Bry taught us this- and it has been one of our favorite things!  They are so handy-- so light weight, and hardly take any space storing them on the boat.  Hours and hours of sheer fun!

I love to see my kids have fun together!!  Look at their cute faces?  LOVE IT!!!

Look Who's Driving!!!!
It's official!!  Josh has his license!   After a few rough goes trying to pass the test :) Josh did it!  The first time, they were full in Fort Collins so they wanted us to go to Denver.  Silly us thought- good idea.  However, he wasn't so excited when the first street he pulled on to was Colfax.   Mass traffic going every direction.  The instructor didn't like how he got in the wrong lane- and didn't know what to do.  So he didn't pass.  Bummer.  Next try.... he did it in Old Town (another place he has never driven.)  Old town is awesome, but has some pretty crazy streets, and wild train crossings etc.  My favorite was that he was on a one way- not sure how it worked, and was weaving in between the parked cars- to try and stay to the right. Ha Ha!  So-- didn't pass again.  Needless to say...... Josh and I spent quite a few hours driving up and down those Old Town streets.  It was great talking time, and fun to be together!  Don't worry...... I was trying to keep it hush hush so he wasn't embarrassed, until I saw him laughing it up with all the youth!  I'm so glad he can laugh at himself.....
It's an awesome skill to have- and sure makes life fun!


We searched and searched for the perfect car for Josh.  Something to give him a little character.  We were hoping for something along the lines of these three beauties below!  Huge bummer though....... they couldn't be found in our price range.  

"The Brat"

"Cadillac Seville"- This would have been awesome!!!


And none other than...... "The Pontiac, Catalina!"

Apparently....... they are collectables!


What a disappointment!  We totally should have held on to the humbler that I drove.  It was super similar to the one above.    We could have been rich!!!

So---After searching for hours  and hours for our next best option, we finally found one!   Only a few trips to Denver and back...... having test driven several hum dingers.   It's amazing what people want to sell these days.  The worst ones we found..... totally infested with cat hair!  Sick!  That is the ultimate gross.  I can take run down, dirty etc.  But cat hair-- nope!

Josh was awesome.  He did all the research!  After seeing a few, Josh got serious and called and got every detail from the owner.  He negotiated prices, and got a feel for what kind of people they were.  Keep in mind- our first attempt we tried to buy one in Utah.  Amazing on paper etc.  But, when we got there, there were no plates, and they only wanted cash.  Funny huh?  We knew immediately from meeting them, that they were major drug dealers looking to sell someone else's car.  Nice!!  Anyway-- after searching and waiting, we finally found this awesome little Camry from the sweetest older couple.  It was low in miles, 10 years old, and kept in perfect condition.  It was her "baby!"  She said she would only sell it to the right people.  Funny.  It was killing her to get rid of it.  Her husband was buying her a brand new camry!   We went down memory lane with her, as we sat and admired it with her.  So fun!  They were awesome, and had every single service logged at the toyota place, and their contact man.  They had just put new tires etc.  It was a gem!   They even found out that Zack loves Soccer- and got him a ball signed from Marcelo Balboa (olympic soccer player,) a friend of their sons.  
Super nice people, and super nice find!


First Day of School

Here is Josh's sweet ride!  I love that Josh and Maddie get to go together everyday!  It's usually in the dark, as they leave at 5:45 for seminary, but it is fun to see them drive off together! 

It's killin'me....... Zack is in Middle School!!!!!  Zack's first day headed off to Kinard.  
6th Grade here he comes!!  Wow- how time fly's!
And our little Allie is already in 3rd Grade!  I always hate when school starts again.  It's just so fun to have them all home, and have enjoyable care free days. It's so fun to see them grow though, and experience all the amazing things in life. 



The weekend after school started, Josh, Jackson and I had the privilege of going out to Utah for Matt's Homecoming!!!!!  Oh man-- what a party!!!  Awesome times together.  Jack Jack was loving  Uncle Rob (Rob has a gift with the babes) --he gave him his phone, and corn on the cob!  His two favorites!!!  Sat night was awesome.  Super fun bbq.  We watched Matt's Africa picture- slideshow, and of course heard a bunch of wild and crazy stories about Africa.  LOVED IT!  Wow- they have some crazy traditions!  It was so fun to hear Matt talk in his Click language- and some of the other dialects he picked up.  Afterwards of course--we broke out into a wild dance party!!!!  So much fun to have Matt back!



Part of the gang after Matt's talk.  He was amazing-- such an incredible missionary!  After church, we went over to Dave and Leslie's for a hoop hollerin' time again!  
 

We are so spoiled to have so many fun times with Family!  Just after that- Brian and Laura came to visit.  They were on their 6,000 mile RV trip and were so nice to choose us as one of their stops!  We had a great time with them-- and Jeff and Becca were super stellar and planned to get the Comfort Dental Suite for us to all go watch the Dodger game in!!  Wow- What a party!  The place was full of food and space to move around in.  Pretty sweet way to watch the game!!  
Thanks so much Jeff and Becca!!




The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins!!  They were in Heaven!!  They played a lot on the slide, and in the gym-- super fun!  The best part was making cookies together.  I love it when Kate and Allie get in the kitchen together.  They are so adorable!!






Our two favorite teenagers!!!  Where has time gone?!?!?  
I love that they get to go through high school together!  
They run track and cross country together.  I love it!!  Here they are after a work out.  


Josh- coming into the finish line!





And look at that stride- Maddie did awesome!





BRACES WEEKEND
   Wow-- what a party every time!  





This time it was so much fun. The weather was beautiful, so we took full advantage, and partied outside as much as we could.  We went boating, played tennis, football, zip lined, went on runs and walks, and had a blast just hanging out together.    I love how much Dave loves babies- he's got the gift too!  Jackson loves being with uncle Dave!








The best part was using all of the end of the summer  fresh garden goods..... basil (bruschetta),  a few tomatoes, corn on the cob, and our favorite zucchini and peaches.  Perfect for making Zucchini chocolate cake andfresh Peach Pie! Mmmm Mmmm 





This picture (below) is hilarious--- yet makes me cringe every time.  Throughout the years living on fields-- we have had a few mice.  I know--- totally disgusting!!!! I seriously can't handle them.  So- we have a guy come all of the time, to make sure everything is sealed etc.  I really hadn't seen anything for a long long time, until of course the night they all came.  Apparently there was a tiny hole in a vent (we found later) that allowed them to get in.  Of course-- they had babies......and they all decided to come out that night.  So- we killed 3 of them.  and knew there had to be more.  But of course- the exterminator said he thought he got them all.  Well- the next day a tiny baby went running across the floor.  This was the funnest game ever for the kids.  They all got into chasing them.  I was FREAKING out!  I can handle spiders, bugs, whatever...... but snakes and mice-- I can't.  Eventually all of the kids cornered two tiny mice- and killed them.  SICK! I won't show the graphic pictures Nathan was so eager to take.  We laugh now- but at the time, it was killing me!!  And..... we are proud to say- we even got a new sealing system-- and we haven't seen any more.  No droppings etc-- at least we are hoping --- and telling ourselves that.  What a great way to spend together!  Definitely added some fun!

Zack and Tom came upon a great idea early in the summer!  They were going to collect anyone's and everyone's Power Aid caps- and earn things.  They didn't mess around either.  They started out with a bunch, and then as they were separated- they'd call each other each week to login how much each of them collected.  They kept this going and are still going strong!   Their big push was nike gift cards-- and they even earned a free online picture book.  Debbie was so awesome and made a sweet book of the two of them since they were born.  
It is amazing- They are truly joined at the hip and best of friends!  
The best part- is that they have truly never had a squabble--- 
they love each other so much, they would rather the other be happy before themselves. 

 

It seems at the end of every braces weekend, we splurge and go out to Bonefish.  Our favorite restaurant.  Mmmm Mmm!  It is so much fun to go together-- and talk the night away with out the kids. This time, it was so fun to have Megan and Jake come (on their way back from a Texas internship.)  So fun to see them again!


Snow Basin Sprint Triathlon

Too long for you to read.....so just skip this part!   
Merely to  journal my very grateful heart!

Finally, we got a chance to do our annual triathlon!  After the entire summer booked, (with teenager stuff) we finally found a triathlon on a Saturday.  A rare find!  The only bummer was, that it was in Utah.  But-- being determined that we would get at least one in, we signed up for it.  Kind of funny-- as we were driving out, Cher texted me saying she heard we were coming to UT to do a tri.  Ha Ha--- turns out Garrett, and Caitlin were signed up for the same one!!  So--- of course Cheri decided to do it too.  What a party!!!  It was so fun to meet up with them and get everything set up and 
ready to race together.  
I had no idea it was the National Championship race.  It changed things a bit-- being that there were helicopters, camera's etc. everywhere.  It was kind of annoying for us peons that were just doing the sprint.  But the most annoying was that they did the champion swim in heats, and left all 360 of the sprint racers to go out in one wave, with a tiny area to swim in (30 feet wide.)  Most of you have heard this-- but in the end it ended up being pretty ugly.  



Basically someone swam right over the top of me (which is totally normal.....for real) but, unfortunately 
I inhaled a lung or two full of water.  
Here's the story......Cher and I thought we'd wait to the back so we didn't have to fight all the aggressive turbo swimmers.  Bad idea, because it was so crammed, no one could even get a stroke in.  I waded in the water for a while to try and get some clearance, but finally just swam hitting people, and people hitting me- which is actually normal.   But-  this seemed a thousand times worse.   I had never been in a tri that was so congested.  After being mowed over- and inhaling water, I  couldn't hardly breathe.  Long story short- I came up for water again- and got socked in the mouth and a whole ton of water down again.  Seriously couldn't breath or cough it out.   I swam like this for a while- until I really just couldn't breathe.  t remember thinking- if I could just sit on the bottom of the lake, maybe I could get some force to cough it out.  I was wacked out and praying hard.  Thankfully- I had one of the most incredible experiences of my life- as I seriously fought for my life.  It was powerful, and something I will never forget.   That part I wrote in my real journal. 
Weird I know- but something I am very grateful for.  

Just then, a kayaker saw me struggling- and paddled quickly to help me.  He said I was so pail- and incoherent- he had to pull me up to get me to talk to him.   He wanted me to stop- and get in, but I wouldn't let him (dumb)-- so I swam on my back the 200 yards to the finish, while he paddled next to me.  Nice!  I'm sure I looked SO dumb!!  As I got out of the water, I guess Maddie was there cheering me on- and I didn't even recognize her.   I didn't recognize anyone.  I  felt so out of it-- I couldn't even remember what I was doing there.  I just followed people, as they got on their bike and rode off.  I think I snapped out of it a little- when Kim Keate's brother yelled my name in transition because I was going the wrong way.  As I got into transition area, I remember seeing Garrett pacing back and forth.  Weird because he did the olympic distance and was still there?  He should have been long gone.    Still didn't connect in my brain though.  One good thing is that seeing him-- lead me to my bike.  Cher also yelled my name- but I could hardly made sense of her, and got on my bike and left. 



Throughout the bike part----I basically got off my bike about 10 times to try and cough during the straight uphill 12 mile ride.   My lungs were so spongy, I couldn't get the water out, or take a full breath- or a full cough.  It was hideous --- I kept asking someone for an inhaler (not sure why I thought that would work) and then I'd get off and lay down in the bushes for a bit.  Everyone stopped me- to say I was pale.  Long Long story..... I was determined to finish (so dumb) cuz I was doing such a horrible job anyway.  I almost stopped at the run- but thought-that would be lame.  Come all the way to UT to stop.  So- I did  the run.  It was straight under the ski lift- straight up the whole way- and then cut across and down at the end.  So stinkin' hard I wanted to cry.  I still couldn't get a good breath- it was such a pain, and so frustrating! Crazy- this race took me 1 1/2 hours longer than my usual sprint tri's.  Hideous.  As I crossed the finish- Mark was a bit stressed worried- that I never had taken that long.  
Then I saw Garret, and Cheri- who I never saw pass me.  How did they get ahead of me?

 I guess when I saw Garrett pacing in transition- he was hypothermic.  As he went to bike, they pulled him from the race because he was incoherent.  He had just done Leadville 100 so he was strong- but the water threw everyone off.  It was such crazy circumstances with the water temp and too many people in one heat- that I guess several people struggled.  It didn't help that  everyone was focused on the national champ race- and didn't pay much attention to the sprinters.  

MY POINT...... Not sure I'll ever do one again!!  They are all signing up for a new one here in June- on a Saturday-- but I just can't commit.  I am freaked out to even get in water.  It did some psychological damage.  The first time I put my head under the water in Mexico (3 mo later) I totally freaked out.  And-- 1 mo after coughing up a lung every night, and shortness of breath- they finally gave me an antibiotic to get healed.    They thought the lake junk was still in my lungs.  
Mark thinks I should get back on the bull and ride- but I'm pretty much a wimp now.  Sad- because they used to be my favorite, they are so much fun!  And- what will I do now..... I can't run marathons, 1/2 are pushing it-- so it was my only thing to push me.
   Maybe--- a duathlon. Hmmmm we'll see. 

I have to say.....this picture at the end-- is a very happy moment!!  I seriously didn't think I'd get there.  
It was so fun to be done- and see everyone!! 




Time out for Women in Denver with some Awesome Friends!


Dack Dack (That's what he's calling himself these days, super cute) is loving his older siblings ball collection!!   Any minute he gets- he runs to the gym to "soot a hoop!" 

What a cute little boy he is these days.  Always a great big grin- and so happy!

GENERAL CONFERENCE 
Oct. 2012

Conference Weekends are for sure my  two favorite weekends of the year.   My favorite chance to stop everything-- Spend time with my kids and mark (a rare moment,) Have everyone home with no meetings etc. And-- be totally uplifted and taught so much!  I love it!

The kids don't usually love it though...... until food is mentioned.  So, we started a tradition a while back.   Cinnamon rolls for  every conference, and carmel apples  for October Conference.  
Sugar, Sugar, Sugar!!  


We tried Natalie Brown's Cinnamon roll recipe-- 
They were unbelievable!!  They weren't frosted because they were hot...... but it they didn't last long- after frosting them!


Tasty treats sure make things fun!!

Maddie took a photography class at school, and took some stellar pictures!



I came out to the car one night- and Zack thought he had it all covered to drive us there.  He explained how he knew all of the rules etc.  and he promised we would be totally fine!  Nice Zack!

FALL----

Fall is the best!!  Love the crisp air, and beautiful colors.

As we were walking Allie to the bus- I couldn't help but grab the camera.  Aahhhh!  Love the beauty!  Below is our view of where the Fort Collins Temple will be- just out our back window.  It is going just south of our church (the steeple you can see.)  
Can't wait!  It is getting closer and closer to being started.  
Hopefully in the spring or summer they will break ground! It is all coming along so nice(due to many many prayers,) and now are in the final stages of getting things passed--
ex:  lighting, and steeple height.
We can hardly wait!!!


Love the fall colors- everything is so vibrant as the light hits the fields and trees.


 I also love the excitement that fills our home with  every single BYU Game!!  Here we are, headed to a BYU/ Utah game party at the Keate's.  Ha Ha-- they were cheering for Utah-- it was killing our boys! 





The kids have been working hard on piano.  We are so grateful for our awesome Piano teacher..... Mrs. Rencher.  She is amazing!  For one of Maddie's value projects, she had to teach someone how to do something she knew how to do.  So, she decided to teach Zack how to play a hymn.   Oh the fun...... We had a lot of talks on being patient!



 This little boy is so much fun!  Every day we laugh and laugh with him.  
The kids often say--"Life would be so boring without him."


 3rd Grade Field Trip-
I was so grateful I finally got to go with Allie to one of her field trips.  It has been a while since I have been able to go.  Everything aligned with Jackson- and I took full advantage and had such a great time. Here we are at the Denver Science museum- our little group loved all of the fun space learning, science experiments, and  visiting "Pompei" exhibit.
  
Their grade even got to see an Imax movie on how cell phones work/ space etc. 

Maddie's 15th Birthday
October 20, 2012
Maddie has such fun friends!  Here they all are, kidnapping her to go out to breakfast at 
Silver Grill in Old Town!



Cambri, Lauren, Hailey, Maddie, Marinne, McKenzie, Hannah, Brighton, Katy, Summer and Peyton
Amazing Group of Girls!!!

Maddie's Sunday Birthday Dinner


We were so excited to celebrate Mark and Maddie's Sunday dinner together.  Since our Sunday's are so full in October we had to combine them.  We were so glad  Jeff and Becca could come up from Denver to celebrate with us!



Maddie got her very own camera!!  She has been in photography classes using Grandpa Crane's old camera he gave us back when we lived in LA.  She was doing a great job-- however the film/ developing was getting pricy-- and her teacher was needing her to have a digital slr.  She was so excited to finally get one!!  Becca and I were delighted as well..... so fun to talk photog. 

It seems that this was the year for Peanut butter cup cake!  I think all 4 kids chose this cake!  
Mmm Mmm, it's a hard one to beat!


As you can see on Allie's face...... she was done waiting!




Allison's a crack up these days.  Love her!  Her faces are killin' me.  Always full of some wild face!  Here she and Devree found out that they LOVE olives!!  So cute!



Jackson- loves when I get the camera out.  He's hilarious-- he immediately smiles and says cheese!



My coolest, most favorite best friend in the whole world had a  birthday.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!!!! 
I only wish he would take a minute off to celebrate him with us :)   He is a busy guy.  Before he rushed off to his day...... The kids made him Waffles with strawberry's and cream (his next favorite after steak and eggs ( quite truthfully the kids think waffles is  the breakfast of all breakfasts- so he has to love it!)     After work--we had planned to go to dinner, but he had an emergency and had to stay late and wire someones mouth back  together..... So he went straight to the church for Youth Night.  Since he wasn't home for the party- we took it to him.  Allie and Zack helped me make cupcakes for all of the youth and go surprise him!  And we did-- Magleby's cake (his 2nd favorite--since we couldn't bring ice-cream, or chocolate shakes to everyone!  They might have melted by the time they got to eat them.)  He was pretty embarrassed, and doesn't like the attention on him!    That's what I love about Mark...... he never fusses at all- or expects anything!  He would rather serve others than ever be given any hoorah!  Such an amazing person-- who is truly so unselfish and giving to others!  
I love him so much!!! 


Halloween at the Cranes
The weather was amazing almost all of October!   Aaahhh-- my favorite!  
Jack Jack was feeling it too!  Any chance a door was left open, he b-lined it and got out.  Here he is one morning- out in his jammies enjoying the morning sunrise.  Notice- he's at that glorious age where something is always in his hand..... toys, smashed food and even markers :-/
He was not so sure what to think about our costumes!  He totally didn't recognize Mark and I as we were getting ready for the ward party.  He was a little freaked out.


None other than a couple of Vikings and their dragons!!  It was cute..... Zack found his, in the dress ups and came dressed up ready to join our posse!  It was fun to make parts of these costumes, and finally use some of that old fir fabric etc. we have had laying around. 


Mr. Blue Man
Which was also decked out with a BYU jersey, shorts, gloves, hat etc on multiple occasions.


Annual Office Halloween Party

I love the creativity everyone has!  Every year we invite all of the Northern Colorado Dentists/ Specialists to our Annual party.  We had awesome pumpkins made by each office, and everyone went all out dressing up.  This year the theme was......WIZARD OF OZ!!  Mark is killin' me..... he of course didn't have time to try on his costume until we had guests arriving.  As he pulled it on, obviously it was a little snug :) Ha Ha-- actually it was hilariously crotching him.  I tried to run to target and get gray sweats- but didn't find any.  So he decided..... who cares, I'll just cut out the crotch.  :)  Funny.  I think next year he might try on the costume before it starts!


Pumpkin Carving


Halloween day at the school!  What a busy day!  The night before, we got a call at 3:30am that Angie VanTassell was in labor.  So we ran over.  She raced to the hospital, we got the kids off in the morning, ran Cambri down to the hospital, and got there just after Ellie was born.  SO exciting.  Just after she was born, we raced back to see the parade. Luckily it hadn't started yet -so we could get these 
cute girls picture.   Allie, Devree and Aubrey in 3rd grade.

Jackson had an infatuation with our front porch.  Everyday- he'd look out to see if the skeleton was still there- and if he could, he'd go out and sit right by him.  So cute.
Halloween morning, we finally got a picture of him!


Queen Allison- looks so Regal!

Maddie's fun age.  Where anything from the dress up box goes!  

Halloween Night!  What cute kids they are!!  Josh was headed off to do his Key Club service trick or treating, Maddie got together with friends,  Zack, Jackson and Allie were headed out with Dad and friends, and I manned the door- and caught up on downloading pictures etc.  It was such a beautiful night.  Glorious in fact- Halloween nights don't get much better.  I think around 50 degrees, and the colorful trees were at their best!




Our little Dragon Baby!

VOTING-- 
What a huge year for voting!  Here we are filling out our ballots!  Mitt Romney against Obama.  Wow-- we all gave a good fight!  I don't ever remember being into politics this much.  It seemed- we really needed to fight for the good in every single situation--- more than ever before.   In the end-- what a disappointment!  So- so sad!  Obama won, Marijuana was legalized in CO, and almost everything we wanted-- got voted against.  Even Josh, Maddie and Zack were extremely involved, and watched every debate.  They talked about it in every class, wrote papers on it etc.  What a sad night when it all came crashing down to realize this is the world, and the kind of people we are living around.  Thankfully we have the gospel-- and a prophet to follow who will lead us where we need to be!  

Daddy- Daughter Dance
All dressed up for the Activity Day Daddy Daughter Dance!  They had such an awesome night together, and learned all about each other.  They had such fun games like- the Daddy daughter (newly wed game) The dad's had to guess what their daughters favorite book was etc. it was awesome!!  Ha Ha!  The little girls could hardly believe some of the answers their dads gave.  
On this same night......we had our rotational "Bishops Mo (Mormon) Night"  Love this night!!  Early this last year, we decided these kids needed strength in numbers!   We talked about having the youth over once a month-- anyone invited-- from any ward to have a place to come hang out and have good, clean, fun together.  Just after we talked about this-- the ward split, so there was an even  greater need to get them together.  It worked out perfect, because the Arnett's (new Bishop) decided the bishops should all take turns and rotate between the bishops houses.  So-- it was off to a great start, and the kids love it!  Here they are.... all playing around the world- ping pong, bball shoot out, zip lining, bball outside, dancing, eating etc. etc.....
 and one of our favorites-- 4 square!
These kids are funny- they were playing nerd style with their pants pulled up high!  


So Much Fun!!!!!!
There were tons of girls there..... I'm just not sure where they were in the pictures!

Braces weekend again!  
In anticipation for the cousins to come..... Allie wrote this adorable list!  

WALL COISINS ARE HERE :)


And they finally arrive!!  Let the party begin!


Annual Cake- Off!

Hot- Tubbing


Actually getting their braces worked on!


We had such a blast!  Such fun memories together!
I love these girls SO much!!!

THANKSGIVING 2012
These kids are so lucky to have such awesome extended family!!!  One party to the next!  The very next weekend after braces weekend, we headed off to VISALIA to go visit Meemaw and Grandpa and all the family for THANKSGIVING!  We had such a great time being together.  We started with mini-golfing!  Such fun times!  Kate and Allie were adorable-awesome little golfers!


Christopher, Ben and Carter-- just after they all scored a hole in one :)

Jonelle looked beautiful-- with such great golfing posture! 


Allie even got a free drink at the end, because she shot it in the center hole!  Woohoo!  Great Job Allie!


I look over in the middle of golfing-- and there was quite the celebration going on!  Josh was going crazy..... he had just shot a real hole in one.  The whole 20 feet  down the putt putt course :)!!
Woohoo Josh!

Look at all these awesome Golfers!!!  

The Redemption Counter

Every Mothers NIGHTMARE!!!!  
After a few hours of golfing and then arcading...... we have yet-- the  TICKET REDEMPTION! Uuggg!!! 
 It seemed to take hours for these kids to decide what they wanted.  So many decisions- so many choices... which almost always ends up a tootsie roll and a plastic spin top. Rip off!  
Yet-- priceless to these kids! 


BUT.... this time happened to be the magical time!  Kate and Allie were delighted that they had enough combined tickets to buy this amazing necklace.  
So perfect for these cute girls- who love each other so much!

We were so thrilled to be back at Meemaw and Grandpa's, where the kids could chill and relax playing with all of the fun toys.  Jackson and Jill were loving the fun scooter!


It was time to get busy- and prepare for the big turkey day!  Stephen jumped right on it, and made his famous sugar cone cornucopia's.  Wow- what a tradition we all have grown to love!


While we were in preparing things for the next day--- the kids were all out swimming!!  Ha Ha--- they were hilarious.  The pool wasn't heated but the hot tub was.  So, this led to lots of fun tricks- and dares to jump from one to the other.  



Then of course, the final plunge to all jump in together-- on 3 of course.


Some were a little more gun-shy than the others.  


THE ANNUAL CRANE TURKEY TROT
Stephen and Jonelle did a stellar job putting this together for us all.  They mapped out the perfect courses for young and old..... had tape to run through.... t-shirts......and even way legit medals.  
It was definitely top-notch!   

The kids run was super exciting!  They all lined up and ran all of the way down race street and back (in the fog-no less!)  Impressive to say the least!  They were all so cute as they passed the finish line.



Zack tore it up with a powerful finish.... followed by Kate and Allie bringing it on home!


Speedy speedy-- Run little ones RUN!!!




Look at those awesome Runners!!!  Wow- they were amazing! 

After the kids finished strong, the adults geared up for their 5k.  Once again--- amazing race.  Brian finished first- followed by Jonelle, Rae and Jeff.  Speedy Cranes!


The kids were diggin' all of the fun at Meemaw and Grandpa's!


This picture makes me laugh- and cry!  Here are Zack and Josh passing the football back and forth.  Poor Jackson didn't quite catch on, and he kept running to each of them as the ball came..... only for them to throw it over their head to other person.  So sad to watch..... 
but of course gave us all a little chuckle!



FAMILY PICTURES!!!
Not our best- but oh well.  I was sad, I brought half of the clothes- and forgot the other 1/2.  So last minute I tried to run out and get some things to go together.  
Not lovin' the colors, or the choice of clothes.  Oh well---the kids are super cute!!!





THANKSGIVING DAY 
Mmmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm- what a tasty dinner!

Raeanna made her famous Stuffing- so delicious!


Jonelle made her awesome rolls- they were A-mazing!


The boys carved the turkey. They have mad carving skills.


Others took care of the babies! 


And Meemaw and Grandpa were super prepared and had everything all so organized and prepared so that we could all just come and invade!    You should have seen all the work that goes in to having us all come!  They even had two RV's rented so that there would be enough rooms for everyone.  We were completely and totally embarrassed that they tricked us and had us stay in their room- claiming that Dad was already asleep so we couldn't switch with him out in the RV.  Hmmmm-- Tricky Tricky! We felt very undeserving staying in such a nice place.  THANK YOU!!!!  
EVERYTHING  WAS SO AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!



The kids (and Stephen of course) did a sensational job decorating the tables.  Look at those adorable place settings, and decorations!


And Becca- helped pull everything together by helping everyone.  I obviously, was a slouch!  It seemed everything I tried to help with- everyone else was all over it-- so I took pictures.  Lame.  Obviously- I got a little carried away.   Next time---put the camera down!!


One of the funnest moments of the weekend- was an incredible announcement  from Jeff and Becca.  

THEY ARE HAVING TWINS!!!  WOOOOT WOOOOT!!!  
Doesn't get any more exciting than that!


Cute Maddie and Camila!


As the dinner came to a close..... Stephen and Jonelle presented everyone with their highly creative 
Awards!!!  I wish I could remember all of the awards.  They were pretty sweet!


The biggest bummer about this trip, is that we couldn't stay longer.  We had to leave to be in Vegas for Zack's soccer tournament.  We were stewing over this issue for quite some time, and truthfully, thought it was ridiculous that anyone would plan a tournament over Thanksgiving.  Seriously???  Is there ANY time that family is first in this world?  Since we are always the stinkpots on the team (not playing on Sunday etc. etc,) we thought we should comply for once, and actually go to the tourni without a major issue.  So-- we all packed up in the rental car and drove to Vegas.  

Wow!  We hadn't done this drive for YEARS!  It seemed we used to always do it, but now since we are in CO- it has been a great long while.  It was awesome crossing over the Mojave desert again.  Beauty in its own way!   Especially the sunset-- was amazing!


Just after we arrived- we raced Zack off to his team meeting (since we were already late and he had missed an entire day of training on Thanksgiving day-- seriously-- lame!) 
While he was busy with his team stuff, we thought we'd go down to the Bellagio and see the holiday room and fountains.  It was amazing!  The best part is that we parked right inside, and didn't have to walk past any smut.  Everything was decorated so awesome.  Super fun for the kids to see!




I don't think we had ever taken them to the fountains-- they thought they were so cool!  Usually when we come to Vegas we are just visiting family and friends- and the vegas stuff isn't really on the to do list.  This time- Rich and Heidi were with her family- so we decided to take advantage and go see it.

And of course....... We couldn't miss In N' Out!!



The best thing about the tourni in Vegas was the awesome weather-- and the chance to see Rich and Heidi and kids!  That made it all worth it! Zack played awesome- and had such a fun time!

Rich and Heidi- are the best!!  After being in St. George with her whole family, they came back to see Zack's game, and play with us!  We love being with their family- they are always so inspiring!  Woohoo- we are excited for Rich as a new Bishop.  He will be awesome!

Zack and his good buddy's Mason and Max.  Such great boys and such good friends!

LOVED being at Rich and Heidi's house!  The kids all partied hard, and had such a fun time!


Josh and Maddie were awesome.  They held it all together while we adults went out on the town.  Super tasty sushi, and so fun to laugh it up with Rich and Heidi!

Love these cute boys!!  Jackson and Tommy are only 3 weeks apart.  They are going to have so much fun growing up together!  They were hilarious at church.  Both- at that wild stage-- so hard to contain.  
At least the drinking fountain entertained them all for a while!  
And just like that our trip came to an end. :(  It always goes so quick!  We flew home that afternoon, and got settled in to start getting ready for Christmas!!!




CRAZY HAIR DAY at the Jr. High-- Scary!!

The kid is killin' me these days.  How does he come up with this?  Thankfully it washed right out!

 I'm almost caught up and so close to posting the next 1000 pictures (December.)  Ha Ha!!  I have a new goal........get caught up, and then try and post every Wednesday morning.  Wish me luck- cuz I will totally need it.  It is just getting too crazy to post so much at one time.  And quite frankly- no one really wants to read 6 months at a time.   Wish me luck!  :)

4 comments:

Leslie said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the update!! So many cute pictures and awesome memories! You are the best at taking pics Cos!! We can't wait to see ya again soon!! Love you guys SO much!

Heidi and Rich said...

I loved reading every word of it. Maybe one day I will post pictures!!
We LOVED having you guys come... thanks for staying with us.

Jeanette and Dave said...

Super Duper family fun!!! Great post and worth the wait :)

Raeanna said...

i love reading your posts!!!

Powered By Blogger