Friday, July 8, 2011

SUMMER 2011

What a fun summer we have had so far! The kids have been off to camp after camp....Swim team..... Lessons.....and Yes- We even made it to Utah and back- with no sign of a baby!

Now that I have seen a few of the blog books- I can't wait to get mine printed. Which means....this really has become our Journal and Scrapbook- So- I am including a lot of pictures- the good the bad and the ugly. But hey- at least we will remember the memory!


MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

The boys were at the BYU Basketball camp (with the old UCLA crowd) And, the Girls - hung with the family. So much fun!

Like I said.... the ugly pictures included too!! No one needs to see me pregnant these days- however- I know I'll love the memory later. Debbie, Cheri and I had a glorious time hiking up Big Springs! Wow- It was so beautiful with all the fresh greens- and streams. Ahhh being with my sisters up in the mountains -LOVING EVERY MINUTE!!!
For Memorial Day- we all met at Cheri's for a BBQ- Amazing food- Amazing Fun!! Then we headed down to the cemetery to visit our Dads graves.
Dave, Dorothy, DeeAnn, Andy and Bry! Love the memories in Cher and Bry's kitchen!
It happened to be POURING rain that day- so we grabbed the giant umbrellas, and made the most of it! Grandma and Grandpa-Mom and Dad really planned it right. When Daddy Doug Died they bought enough land for them to all be buried by each other. Super handy- when you're trying to get down to visit their sights. Here we are in front of Grandma and Grandpa Christensen's, and My Dad Doug's grave.
Only a few feet away, is Dad and Peggy's grave. I love going down each year, and telling stories of our Dad's, and Grandparents to our kids. They were all so amazing- and our kids love to learn from their lives!

Summer Fun!! More lemonade stands! The kids earned a lot the first time, and now want to do it every week. I had to put the ki-bosh on that one. It gets a little old for the neighbors!!
Father's Day- Birthday- I am not aloud to put any pictures of Father's day on the blog. The kids surprised Mark early in the morning with Breakfast in bed (steak and eggs- and Mark in his garments!) Although he was excited- we decided... Who thought of Breakfast in bed anyway.... it's a little awkward :) Anyway- they loved it, so they brought me breakfast in Bed the next morning for my B-day- We decided this time to all come out and eat together! They are so sweet- and we LOVE all of their surprises!!!
Go-Cart FUN!!!!
UTAH--So ya--Obviously my Dr. was wrong- and I easily made it to Utah and back without any trouble. Well worth it!! We had such a great time just chillaxin'!! Here we are preparing food- it seemed to be the constant activity! With Dave and Leslie's family and ours all staying at Debbie's- we had a ton-o-mouths to feed!!!
Tanner, Josh and Max- decided one afternoon (actually two afternoon's) that they needed BEEF!!! Boys and their beef! So they grilled up 1/2 of a cow!
While we were there- we made the most of it! Maddie and Josh went off to Tennis and Basketball camp at BYU. Maddie was lucky to go with Cambri - they had a great time-living it up on their own in the dorms!
She only took a few pictures....none playing tennis. Maybe she just read her scriptures the whole time! Angel Maddie :)
After they came back from the camps.... we stayed the weekend, and then took Josh to EFY. So.... that meant we got to stay the whole week and play!!

The kids had a constant perma-grin! No jobs or responsibilities - just playing all day, every day! They even slept under the stars one night, and loved every minute of it! Here they are, preparing to all sleep on the tramp!
ZACK AND TOM-went with the more manly approach, and pitched their tent. They slept out there a few nights!

We did plenty of BBQing with all the family. So fun- to be with everyone. Mmmm Mmmm such tasty food!
The Little Crowd-has become quite the team! They have so much fun together!
Playing night games!

The Smaller Girls-get along so great, and planned one thing after the next. Cheerleading routines were among their favorites!
Zack and his Hawk!! We should have spiked it up- bummer! He had this for about 5 minutes- it was awesome!! Then of course, he and Tom went for the Summer BUZZ!!
South Fork Canyon--We were loving the chance to go up to the mountains to get out of the heat!! South Fork- is glorious! The kids had so much fun skipping rocks and wading in the river! Unfortunately the first day- it rained on our picnic. Oh well.... adds to the adventure!

So.... We decided to go up another day. This time, Mark had just flown in- so the kids were so excited to go up and show him the boats they had made to race down the river!


We ate a tasty lunch... hung out.....
laughed our heads off..... played football....
Relaxed a bit- Cher had just gotten home from Girls Camp.

Did cartwheels....
and even did headstands!!!
It was So relaxing to be together.... it even felt a little like Hawaii, with Alyson playing the ukulele all day-everyday. She's awesome!!
On our last night in town... We were so excited to have Dan and Julie arrive just in time to go out to dinner. Afterwards of course, we hit the new favorite...... Coney's Frozen Custard! Chocolate with triple almonds. Mmmmm Mmmm!!!
Finally, on our last day before we headed home we swung by the DOXEY Reunion on our way out of town. Wow- it had been a lot of years (like 15?) since we had seen my cousins that I grew up with. Uncle Kimball and Terry put together the reunion- it was so awesome to see everyone!!
Here is Dan doing one of the games- The vaseline and cotton ball competition!Beautiful Lindsey!!
Cousins- Christine, Debbie, Bethany and Cheri! Wow-- it was so good to see them. I wish I had gotten pictures of everyone. It has been a LONG time!
4th OF JULY

Happy 4th of July!! We haven't been home for the 4th for a long time. It was fun to just relax- and enjoy the day as a family. Since we had been gone for so long- we thought it was a great idea to work in the yard ALL day. It was 90 degrees (which is blazing around here.) The kids were less than happy! I should have gotten facial shots of their excitement :) bummer.
Thankfully we had plans to go to a BBQ and the Fireworks later on that evening.

LOVELAND FIREWORKS

We actually had a sweet set up for the fireworks. All the friends (about 6 families) went down to the Loveland golf course, lit fireworks- and then watched the cities Big Fireworks! The kids were in Heaven! I of course forgot my camera- so the camera phone had to do.

We were so lucky to have Jeff and Becca come up from Denver!!
Kim and Angie-
Our kids haven't done much fireworks throughout the years- So they had a Hayday! Here is Maddie lighting a smoke bomb--hilarious!
Josh became a pyro- and all of a sudden he realized playing with fire is super fun!!
Zack and Ty- hung out watching the big dogs up in the sky!
We did arm wrestles.... and played games on the golf course- SO FUN!!!
ALLIE- was diggin' the whole event! Surrounded by friends- doing sparklers, and having a blast!!
And just like that---Here it is JULY!! I guess we've been looking forward to this month for a while now. And.....needless to say.....this baby is HUGE!!! Seriously- way bigger than I ever remember. I can't believe I am posting this shot. Oh well- I love it because- My kids are so excited for the babe to come they can hardly stand it! Hopefully soon! If he hasn't come by the 17th, they will induce me. See.... all that worrying for nothing!!!
AND....a little news! Josh got his braces off- more pix to follow.....AND they announced the FORT COLLINS TEMPLE SIGHT!! It is just south of our church building- and will be right in our VIEW! Wow-- how cool is that?!! Really Cool!!!! We are so excited!! The website is: fortcollinsmormontemple.org. WOOHOOOHOOO!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh Cosi! You seriously look gorgeous pregnant! That last shot is beautiful!! Hopefully little "Douglas" will be here soon. hahahahah... you already know my vote... ha! The pictures you took up here are priceless. I love them all. Thanks for being so good at documenting them. I am going to have to steal some since I don't have any!! :) Good luck these next few days!! :) It was so fun to hang with you and your familia! LOVE YA!!! and SWWWWEEEEET about the temple!!

Jeanette and Dave said...

Great family times!! Thanks for sharing with us all the fun you've been having - super busy ... as usual.

The Brown Life said...

You look so beautiful! Love the pictures. We had a blast with your guys for the fourth! Hope this week goes by super fast for you! Send Allie over anytime!

Powered By Blogger