Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fun times with Family!

Braces Weekend!

We always look forward to family coming in town. This time, we thought we would do it while the Cougars are in town. We were all set to go to the game, then we realized how pricy the tickets were, and how cold it was going to be. So, we decided to have our own BYU party at home. It's a good thing, because it got a little boring (for the good!) Zack was torn, whether to play outside, or watch the game. When they finally reached into the 30's, he decided to join the kids. However..... as you can see, he's a cougar fan til' the end. He was funny-- 1/2 outside, 1/2 watching the game. Yipee for the Cougars!





The girls had a great time doing P90x plyo! What a party-- working out all together. Even the young crowd joined in. Zack usually sits on the couch and says.... "Mom, you're not doing it right!" This time he tried a few, and sat down real quick!
The best part about doing braces together with the cousins is.......
THIS!
Love that Zack and Tom can wear these beauty's together. They got them on the same day, and came home so excited. I wish I had a picture of them sleeping side by side.... hilarious!
While the cousin's were in town, Josh was in the middle of grueling High School BBall tryouts.

HE MADE IT!!! He worked so hard-- and was so determined. Way to go Josh!!
We were so lucky this time to have Amber and new baby Sydney come out. This was our first time meeting her..... and she is the cutest thing ever!!! Everyone was fighting over holding her, and she never even cared.... just happy smiles all around. She's the best baby-- We miss you guys.... Can you come back?
Near the end, we thought we'd snap some photo's of this little babe.... She is a doll!!! I wish I had a picture of all the cousins holding up the sheet around her--- they all adore her!

WE miss you guys all so much already!!!! And.... we miss all those that couldn't come--- it's just not the same without everyone!

Since I never posted from the last braces weekend, I thought I'd share a few... we had a great time in August.
I don't think there is ever a time when the cousin's get together that we don't have a dance!!!!
I LOVE IT!!!
My favorite... where else in the world do you feel comfortable to be yourself... dance in your swimsuit and live it up? Only with the cousins! They were all headed out to the hot tub, and the music came on....a few hours later, they actually got in the hot tub!

The Young crowd had their turn during the Dance!
Finally... I'm proud to announce, we (Mark and I) actually used the court for the first time since April, and played a real game. We put it in, mainly to eat up some of the land so we didn't need to landscape. Maddie, the kids and I play a lot, but I was so excited when Mark got to play-- especially with Deb and Rob. They put us (me) to shame!!!
And.... I know this is dorky. But, I have to announce I did a 1/2 marathon. It has been 4 years since the Doctor's said I will never run again- and that I needed a hip replacement. I cried my head off for a year, and then found a way to get out and run moderately. A bunch of fun friends from the ward were doing it so, it was so tempting. I decided not to train, and just kept with my regular schedule, and went and did it. That way, my hips wouldn't give in before I got to race. I forgot how much I crave it!! I had so much fun- and miss it so much! The bummer is, my hips hurt pretty bad the day after.... So maybe that was my last :( Until of course, my kids want to do one together...and then, maybe I'll do it in a wheel chair! :)




5 comments:

Jeanette and Dave said...

Congrats Cosi on running the race! You inspire all of us. Those Doxey Gibsons really know how to have a good time! I always love reading your posts :)

Jeanette and Dave said...

CONGRATULATIONS JOSH on making the school B-Ball team! Yahoooo! You're terrific!

akdoxey said...

Great post, we had so much fun! Wish we could make it to one of Josh's games to root him on...good luck with the season. Thanks again for everything!

Leslie said...

AWESOME pictures Cosi! What a fun weekend! Loved it! Also-- thanks for the pictures from August-- that's when my kids were there alone so I didn't get in on the action-- that looked so fun! I loved seeing pics of Matt! :) Congrats again to Josh! We are so happy for him! Can't wait to see you at Christmastime!! :) Thanks again for everything! You guys are THE BEST!!!

Leslie said...

p.s. I am so glad you have rejoined the blogging world!!! p.p.s. Great job on the 1/2 marathon Cosi. You are seriously amazing!! I wish I had half your energy!!! :)

Powered By Blogger