Oh-- And the real reason is... I just finally found someone who will turn my blog into a book. That way I don't have to worry about doing both. And... so the Grandparents can still see pictures etc. I told my Mom she could see pix from her Mission through email/facebook... but I guess this is the easiest. So, here you go--our latest stuff!!
Happy 39 Mark!!
To my best friend in the whole wide world...who still makes my day every time I see or talk to him or get a text from him or hear somebody was just in his office...or whatever....I'm the luckiest girl in the World!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!! We had a fun day, even though we only saw him for about 15 minutes. It was Sunday, so he left at 6am and came home at 9pm--with a tiny break in between! But that's ok... he was doing what he loves...and what I love about him... serving others! We went all out with the candles--the kids went over board and put 59 on--trick candles too!
Happy Birthday Maddie!!! 13 Big Ones!!!!!!!
Our sweet little girl is a Teenager!!!
I think she's a pretty cute teenager- and a super sweet one too!
Maddie just makes things fun! She's a super savvy, smart, cute, fun, happy, helpful, talented, determined, disciplined, creative, thoughtful, bouncy, motivated, awesome girl!!

Zack is so sick of me taking pictures!! That which will never come again....makes me continue!
Josh, Zack and Allie are full guns into Soccer. Josh has loved playing on Fossil Ridge High School's team, and the other kids have loved their school teams. Maddie is still loving tennis. It was so fun to have Meemaw and Grandpa come out to see their games. I can't believe it... we didn't get any pictures. I was a little under the weather, and obviously wasn't thinking!
Allie--lost her two front teeth....my favorite stage!
I had to get some shots- of this cutest smile ever!!
And....For those that keep nagging...
Here are pictures of our trip to EUROPE (we went in early September.)
Just kidding, it was good for me to actually go through my 6,000 pictures! I tend to get a little camera happy :) Thank goodness for digital! The boys don't ever want to see a camera again after this trip! I wish I could show so much more, we did so many fun things!
Here is a glimpse of a few of our fun memories!! So....Much....Fun!!!
Parliament--Big Ben

Changing of the Guard
What I really wish I had here, was a picture of me on top of Mark's shoulders with my giant camera trying to get this shot- trying to avoid the crowds and crowds of people. Mark is such a sport! :) ...And, I am such a dork!

I Love London!

SO.....London! London was super cool. Everything seemed so clean and well kept (due to EIIR= Elizabeth the II Reigns!) We did so many fun things, and loved hearing everyones accents etc. We hit it hard, and went to almost everything. Big Ben, Parliament, St. James Park, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abby, The London Eye, Fortnum and Mason for scones and clotted cream (mmm), Herrod's, Kensington, Hampton Court, #10 Downing street, Tower of London, London Bridge, Hyde Park (where our ancestor's heard the discussion's for the first time.) Kensington Palace (Princess Diana's house), Royal Albert Hall, Trafalgar Square, Oxford Circus, etc. etc. We even got to go to Les Miserables. I finished the book on the airplane over.
It made me love it even more!
Herrod's Chocolate Room! The Department store is blocks and blocks--but the only room we cared about was this one...of course!!

HAMPTON COURT
This was one of the funnest places. An old Castle built for some "Magesty" of something. Anyway-- The gardens were fabulous--a true English Maze, Princess back grounds -coolest cone trees ever (just like the fairy tales) I wish I could show all the pictures. Anyway--They even let you check out cloaks to act the part.....and of course....
we lived it up, and played King and Queen!

The maze was so fun. We all started at the beginning, and were going to race the VanTassell's to the center. Mark and I struggled a bit-- and totally got lost, leading us back to the beginning. Thankfully--Angie yelled through the hedges-- and helped us finally find the middle!
Wouldn't we make a great King and Queen? Well, at least Mark would make a great King!
He looks Kingish!

Mark-- being "The fed up King!--Off with her head!!"
THE TOWER OF LONDON

We hit all the big spots-- but one of our faves was the Tower of London--Crown Jewels and all. Here is a gaurd--gaurding the area where Ann Bolyn was beheaded.
Heading to Scotland on a sleeper train!


Coolest doors all over Europe--everywhere! I LOVE all the architecture!

Edinburgh Castle--We had so much fun with the VanTassell's,
they were patient to put up with us!

St. Andrew's
As long as we are going to golf at St. Andrews--we thought the boys needed knickers, etc. etc. So ,we surprised them as we rolled into town. The knicker's were a little pricy, so we decided knicker socks and hats would be fitting. The boys were thrilled....
let's just say they were tolerant enough to take a picture true Scottish style and kindly set them aside. They went into golf mode pretty quick--and got down to business--renting their gear.
They loved golfing St. Andrew's!
The official St. Andrew's bridge- we took this after they were done golfing.
As we got off the train in Scotland, my thoughts went immediately towards my Dad, and his desire to always come to Scotland, The land of his ancestors. He and my mom had a dream to serve a mission here one day. As we traveled along, I thought of him a lot. Up near St. Andrews, I was so excited to pass "Gibson Place!" He would have been so excited. Isn't it cool all etched in the stone?
Ireland was "Grand All-Together!"
We stayed at the cutest bed and Breakfast near Killarney, and the cute lady kept saying...
"Well, that's Grand- All- Together!" Love it!
Ireland was so cool...we definitely would love to go back someday! Our second night, we stayed at the Ashford Castle up near Cong, Ireland (Northwest) It was awesome!! They had so much to do there, it was incredible. We biked around the castle-ish roads, Mark and Keith golfed, and we even tried "Blood Pudding" for breakfast--it was very pork-ish gross. But, the fresh squeezed orange juice, scones, and clotted cream were to die for! And I don't even like cream.

Everything was beautiful....Everything!! This Castle belonged to Lord and Lady Ardilaun back in the day. And boy did they treat themselves to a fancy lifestyle.
I wish I could show all pix--so many cool spots.
Ireland.... winding stone fences- everywhere!! Ireland is full of green, green grasses and stone, stone, stone. I can't even imagine the hours it must have taken them to build all these stone walls. They divide everyone's property, roads etc. So Cool!
The Cliff's of Moher--aka "The Cliffs of Insanity!" (thanks Doug!) 800 Feet drop off. Freaky!!!


I couldn't get enough of the lingo over there. It was exactly how I wish we could all talk. Such character! Lots of splendid, dandy, fancy, lovely etc. words. I loved hearing everyone talk. As we landed in London the assistant said.... "Go down the lift, to the platform to catch the tube, Make sure you give way, and Mind the gap!" in the cutest British accent ever.

Going to church in other countries is really cool. So much to learn from other cultures. The theme was missionary work that day. We loved the Irish Branch-
so many neat people, with neat stories!
Another- typical Irish landscape. This was actually at the Galway Airport--right on the side where you get on the plane. Lovely isn't it?

PARIS
Our first night in Paris, we walked down to the Eiffel Tower. On our way, we couldn't help but stop by the crepe stand for dinner (chocolate, of course!) Unbelievable!

Our first morning in Paris we went straight to the Louvre. We heard if you didn't go early, you were in lines forever long. We so lucked out, we got right in, and there was hardly anybody there the day we went. Incredible architecture. Not only was the art amazing inside, but we were most impressed with the buildings architecture, walls, ceilings, and painting on the ceilings. Unbelievable! And... the grounds were amazing as well.


Look at those wrinkles--I am old! What has happened to me?
The Mona Lisa was just like I thought it would be...all locked up and far away to actually see any details. We were super lucky to stand up by the rail--with the hoards of people there.

Notre Dame--beautiful architecture, stained glass, gargoyles and flying buttresses!
de Pont Neuf--While strolling along the streets in Paris, we took a moment to sit by the Siene River--so we could be just like the other Parisian's, all lounging along the sides. They were hilarious- kind of a unique. Loved the men in capris--and there were way too many holding hands....sick! Behind us, is the "Pont Neuf" The oldest Bridge in Paris. Built in 1607 by Henry the IV. I absolutely loved all the History in Paris. In fact Mark and I both would have loved to spend a lot more time in the museums etc. We just didn't have enough time. It was a whirl-wind trip. Two days in each country. We hit it hard early in the morning and came home super late. Worth It! We saw almost everything- we actually liked the history more than we thought (usually we're not ones for reading signs etc- due to my vast experiences as a child!) On our last day, I ran to get some souvenier's for the kids and a friend back home -something only available in Paris, and Mark wanted to see one last museum (I know--on his own- seeking another museum? Awesome! ) He went to the Musee' de Orsay, which had the Painting of Van Gogh's ear cut off, and the statue "The Thinker." He took a camera with him, but there were no pictures aloud, (even though that's how every building is, and people are walking by with huge camera's flashing at every single thing- right in front of the staff.)
I love it... always doing what's right!
The Palace of Versaille- one of our favorites. Home of King Louis the 14, 15, 16, Napolean etc.

We loved the head-set tours--super informative!
We loved Marie Antoinette's separate quarters--
the Architecture and style was amazing- So.... French! It was there that I realized where all this love for "French Country" style has come from. It really is charming.

Our last night before we flew home, we ran by the Arc de Triumph, and Eiffel Tower one last time! This is where Napolean promised he would build his army's the biggest "hoorah" to come through if they won the war! They won obviously, and all came marching in to town under this Arch! I think we have more pictures from this trip of us together, than we have ever taken in our 18 years together! After a while-- we realized,
how many more pictures do we need of us? It was time to go home!

Oh... I wish we were there right now, it was such a fun trip!!!
p.s. Just a little FYI. Just found out that a close friend of mine, Natalie (who I've known for 8 years-since we've lived here) Dad was one of Daddy Doug's best friends at BY High School- in the same ward and all. Crazy small world huh? I wonder what Dad has been thinking in Heaven. I've hung out with her Dad several times at Birthday Parties etc- and never would have known he was friends with my Dad growing up! Amazing huh? I can't wait to get some good stories next time I see him! Just think, if he were still alive- we totally would have known that. In fact, Mom went to a reunion a couple of years ago with all of Dad's close friends and he was there. Somehow... he was talking to Natalie about the reunion and a class mate that had died and he and Natalie put it together. Cool Huh!

6 comments:
Thanks for sharing your wonderfully adventurous life! You and Mark look like newlyweds - so many fun times with family and friends.
Your photographic talent inspires everyone else to use our cameras more.
That looks like a blast! I just may visit Las Vegas and do a mini version of that trip. BTW did you mean "The Cliffs of Insanity!"? I think that'd make more sense. :)
Love the post. It was great to hear about your trip. It looks like you had a great time!
Cosi! Awesome post. It's so fun to see all the pictures and share in your adventures. Beautiful pictures. You really are an amazing photographer (and quite photogenic, too).
Loved the "Gibson Place" photo, too.
That looks like a blast!! What a great trip! Your pictures really are AWESOME Cosi! And Happy Birthday to Mark and Maddie!! :) Looking forward to seeing you all!!
I know this is a little late, but I just had to comment on happy you and Mark look!!! I'm so glad you guys got a chance to get away together! Your shots are fantastic!! And you make life so fun Cos!! Love ya, cher
Post a Comment