Thursday, April 9, 2009

HAPPY APRIL!!!







Happy
 Easter!!

Easter was so much fun this year.  The hunt for the baskets gets harder every year.  IT was definitely more adventurous in the new house.  A change of  hiding places is always fun.  Although-I still don't think anything will ever beat the baskets hid on row 1-A in the Storage or across the street in the Born Free! -(camper)  That was good.  The kids had fun finding them and reading all the clues-that didn't always rhyme.  As the morning went on, I walked in the kitchen and the kids were up to something.  I guess they finally found a good use for Peeps.  I came out and Josh was heating them up in the microwave and doing all kinds of tricks with them.  Zack was sad--he didn't want to waste them--since they are his fave.  The rest of us--were loving that there was finally a purpose for peeps--since they are the sickest candy EVER made!



Before Mark left for interviews, we thought we'd take a quick picture!  I thought we'd kind out grown the matchy thing but when the boys came up-we looked around and they  had both put on green ties--oh well-they're only young once!  Anyway--as you can see, Mark didn't make it in the picture.  We had some difficulties, and he was going to be late--so here we are anyway--I finally got the timer to work! (remember--I stink in the photo department!)        




After church we had a bunch of friends over (VanTassell's, Chamber's, Parnell's).  It was so much fun.  We ended up having 23 3/4 people here.  The kids were loving it.  And--I know this will shock you all, but--I MADE PIG!!!  I didn't say I ate pig (well-I tried a tich--and it's still the same pig as as I remember!)  Cooking it was definitely foreign to me, my thoughts could not get away from what part of the pig  this might be!   Anyway, realizing that Ham is part of Easter traditions, I sucked it up and gave the kids a memory.  Hat's off to me!


                 Bad Picture with the lighting--oh well!
 Josh loved picking at the cakes he slaved over (until of course-he got in trouble!)  A true Connoisseur for Baked Stuff!
Snow Day!!


I Love snow days!!  Here we are in the middle of spring--things are blossoming etc. and out of no where comes snow!  The Superintendent got in big trouble last year for not canceling school (in a real storm)--and some kids were stuck on the bus until 11pm--So this time it was cancelled  with only about 6 inches on the ground.  Heeeelllooo Virginia!  We were all shocked-only in Virginia and back East do they do that.  But--of course we'll take it!  It was so fun.  The VanTassell's came over and we made cookies and watched "That Darn Cat!"  The sun came out shortly after, and we finally got to make a snow man this year (since-we didn't get much snow all winter.)

JOSH EARNED HIS LIFE!!

Josh is trucking right along in the scouting department!  If all goes well--he will do his Eagle project this summer!  Or--we might just take a break--if we don't feel like it!  Just kidding.  Wouldn't that be nice!  I have to say though--I'm not sure the Mom should get the pin.  For one--What do you do with it?  And two--Mark and Josh have had it all strategically planned out--what Merit badges to do together to make the load easier etc.  And Three--we are SO thankful for Awesome Scout Leaders--they make all the difference!!  Ok--so I guess I drive him there, and wash his shirt--does that count--oh, and nag him a lot!!  Wait--how could I forget--what about sewing all those badges on--I TOTALLY deserve the pin (my fingers are still sore--probably because I waited until the hour before to get them on--but hey-they're on!)  


                                               WE  LOVE  SPRING TIME!!!



Now that we are settled in--life is so great.  The grass is almost green and the trees are starting to blossom.  Everyday is so refreshing!  One of the best things, is all the fruit coming out--especially strawberry's!  We always love making Jam--and this year Allie wanted to make it herself (and she wanted everyone to know she made it!)  She did awesome--and had a great time doing it--It even seems to be edible!  The kids are all still sleeping in Maddie's Room (except Josh of course)   They love being together and are too scared to sleep in their rooms.  I love it, because I know it won't be long until they are all trying to lock each other out!! (hopefully not too soon)


What GOES around COMES around!!!



Well--you know me, always up for a good laugh on April Fools!  This year was a little different.  I guess pay back time.  I really shouldn't be sharing this!  So, we started the day as usual, a trick here and there.  The kids went off to school, and of course as tradition goes I made the usual--Cotton ball cookies.   So, as they all rolled in after school, they were starving.  Josh and Maddie took one look at the cookies and said "No Way!"  Zack didn't seem to mind and neither did his friend Parker.  In fact, they didn't even notice the cotton--extra chewy!! mm mm  Well--what I didn't know, was that while I was laughing it up--with the little ones, the older ones were up to mischief!  Maddie tried the good old saran wrap trick (thankfully it was obvious,) and detergent in the sheets (not so funny.)  Josh had fun putting stuff in the bottom of my shoes,   A blanket bomb on top of the doors, doors bungeed shut,-you know all the old stand by's.  Let's just say-everywhere we turned around there was another little trick.  So--I had to set them straight.  Good things on April Fools/ Bad things on April fools.  Some things aren't funny.  After it all calmed down, we were up late doing homework.  It was around 11:45 and Josh was still going strong (can I just say--What happened to being a kid?, and bummer I don't know 7th grade math!)  Anyway, Mark still wasn't home, so I said I am going to go get ready for bed.  As I am pulling back the covers--Josh was at it again--and had taken off our sheets--made the bed up all nice, and hid the sheets somewhere in the house!  Then, I go in the bathroom already miffed, and this time the saran wrap was done REALLY good--and of course at night time-even better!  Don't worry I caught it just before--but I can't say I was laughin' it up this time!  So Ya---the jokes on me!  Maybe I'll lay off the jokes, OR  I'll get them back good next year!!!  

7 comments:

Jeanette and Dave said...

Cosi - you're amazing with all your creativity and fun! Easter and Springtime creating wonderful memories. What a good sport you are but with all those brothers you already knew not to dish it out if you can't take it. Congrats to Josh for his success in scouting; he'll be so glad to be finished before he's 16!!

Leslie said...

Way to go Cosi! Making PIG! I am so proud... Looks like you guys are having barrels of fun around there! How swell! :)

Youngquist Family said...

Is that YOUR house with the slide in it? How fun for your kids! The interior (or what you can see from your pictures) look beautiful. And it's great to see a picture of you. You look like you're 20!

doug said...

Wowsers--looks like everyday a rootin tootin good time in the Crane casa!...and is it legal to go head first on the slide cuz I'm gunna no matter what. :)

Raeanna said...

Such a fun filled Easter and April Fool's!!! I am so impressed with everything you have ever made for me, you are a wonderful cook! It looks like the kids take after you with the tricks!!

steveandjonelle said...

Looks like Easter was a success. I love the idea of hiding the Easter baskets. Was that a slide Josh was coming out of?

akdoxey said...

I can't wait to come live with you guys. A slide inside! How fun. Easter looks like it was a blast, love the creative way of hiding the baskets with clues. Love saran wrap on the toilet...good times. Oh and love the Easter pic. You guys are all so good lookin!

Powered By Blogger