Wednesday, January 7, 2009

CHRISTMAS 08'
Doesn't it seem that life just gets better every year?  This year was definitely amongst the tops!  We had such a great Christmas!  We stayed home for Christmas--it was awesome.  The day after we went to Utah--HAPPY NEW YEAR!  This year we hit our 10th annual Family Dance--probably one of the funnest events all year--we pulled out all the stops, and had such a great time.  The Senior Grandkids--and a few extra's made the playlist and included some fine tunes!  I love random music--here's a few for you to enjoy!
This is about 1/3 of the whole crowd--some of the older teenagers 
had already left for their Stake Dances, and we severely missed Andy and 
DeeAnn, Rich and Heidi, Doug and Amber and Em and Chad (and all the kids.)
I'm telling you--everyone was at their finest!!  Dan even 
pulled out the centipede down the tunnel--woo hoo!

The teens showed us old folk a thing or two about 
the new line dances they all learned at EFY--We are so 
old--most of them don't even know the electric slide!
Maddie loved Dancing with Mark!

And of course, after the count down we had a raging round
of "around the world Ping Pong!"  Josh claims to have won--but
this is up for debate!




While in Utah--nothing was left undone!  We had to pull
out the Nativity one more time.  Every year we take it to a new level!
This year we had Wisemen from the East, West, China and 
San Francisco (Zack with the bag!)
And--none else but a real live Choir ( an all time first!)  I know, I know, taking it to a new level!!  As much as we made fun of it all--it turned out to be awesome, and very 
memorable--Cheri had prepared an awesome script!  Josh was "Samuel the Lamanite"  He did a stellar job!
Maddie was the Donkey  and  Allie an Angel





Afterwards, Mom passed out the gifts.  She is hilarious--
we all got new teasing combs--her favorite kind!!!  So of course, 
we all had to try them out--Thanks Mom!!
Good Times at Debbie and Robs Spinning!

Our annual snowshoeing up Southfork!!!
SO much fun--We love the Mountains!

We definitely had so much fun playing!!!  We love
Winter sports!!!  Sledding--The boys jumped 25 feet--(they were proud to announce they measured it!) off the Aspen Grove trails--(it's a good thing all the Dads took them--I'm not sure  I would have gone for that one!)  We also went Skiing--back to our old favorite-- Sundance !!!  And back in Fort Collins we went Ice Skating.   I am loving our kids ages right now--they are SO much fun to play with!!!  It was  so sad to see them go back to school. I love being with them.




Christmas Morning:  Fun times opening 
presents!  The best part was having the 
     whole day together--playing and having fun!--And, 
Having Mark home the whole vacation!
As Tradition goes, the kids could hardly wait to open their Christmas
Eve jammies and lay out cookies for Santa and his Reindeer!




6 comments:

Jeanette and Dave said...

The Doxey Gibson group really knows how to party hearty! It all looks like so much fun - thanks for sharing. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Leslie said...

HEY HEY HEY!! It was the goods all the way around! We had so much fun with you guys! It was great sharing the barf-o-rama basement together! We seriously think that even though everyone got sick, that this was one of the best Christmas BREAKS ever! It ROCKED SO HARD.

steveandjonelle said...

As always, you guys rang in the New Year in high style! Best wishes for the new year!

Dan Doxey said...

Cosi--
You are HILARIOUS!!!! It was a fun break. We can't ever see enough of you. The barf-o-rama will go down in history. Fun. fun times! Love you guys!

Kristi said...

Wow...can I be adopted into your family? Wait, maybe not, I get tired just looking at all the physical activities you guys seem to pull off. Looks like a blast Cosi!

renee' said...

So fun to read about what you guys are doing. I'm glad that you are able to live it up with your kids making memories that will last. Even being sick on a vacation is a memory that will be talked about for a long time!

Powered By Blogger