Wow! What a time! We loved going home to Visalia for Thanksgiving. We hadn't been there for 4 1/2 years (since before Meemaw and Grandpa left on their mission.) It was so nice to go back. We started by flying into LA. We thought it would be so fun to stop by our old hood (UCLA housing), and of course run by In-N- Out (Mark was in heaven) and Diddy-Reese--the best of all. It was all fine and dandy until we started up the 405- just past Sunset. Oh- boy did the memories come flooding back. Sitting in traffic! Although we LOVE LA--we have to say we don't miss the traffic! It ended up taking almost 7 hours to go from LA to Visalia (usually a 21/2-3 hour trip!) What were we thinking flying into LA? Oh well--we had a great drive up and Mark and I were loving the time to talk and hang out with the family. However--Next time I think we will fly into Fresno!
While in Visalia--Meemaw and Grandpa went all out! We had a great time hanging all together, eating yummy food, going running, playing football and bball-awesome Turkey bowl! Eating again--and again and again-we even got to go to Valhalla's! Kate and Allie raided Jonelle and Raeanna's old dance outfits--hours of entertainment! We even got to swim in the heated pool. Grandpa was so nice and had it heating for days before we got there--The kids LOVED it and are begging to go back. The best part of all was being all together (except Paul--we missed you!)--it was so fun to see everyone!
I love holidays and reasons to gather together with family. Looks like a you stayed very busy and made lots of memories and the heated pool sounds wonderful right now! Are you heading this way for Christmas??
I SO miss In N Out...Diddy Reese...sugar doodle cookie with chocolate icecream in the middle. YUM! So jealous...not of the traffic though. Glad you had a great time. I love the holidays.
6 comments:
It was the best of times! So great to have everyone back at home together (except we missed Paul Cotcher). When can we do it again?
When Raeanna was using my computer she signed onto the blogs and I didn't realize it wasn't my account so that last comment was really from Meemaw :)
I love holidays and reasons to gather together with family. Looks like a you stayed very busy and made lots of memories and the heated pool sounds wonderful right now! Are you heading this way for Christmas??
We has such a great time with all of you! Hmmm. I've craving chocolate chip cookies with mint ice cream--Didi Reese makes the best! We love you guys!
I SO miss In N Out...Diddy Reese...sugar doodle cookie with chocolate icecream in the middle. YUM! So jealous...not of the traffic though. Glad you had a great time. I love the holidays.
Your kids were so great to play with Max while we all visited! It's always nice when all of the Cranes are in town! Come again soon!!!
Post a Comment